Wiki Posts
Search

A319 vs A333 for LHR-DOH

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
A319 vs A333 for LHR-DOH

Flying LHR-DOH and due to seating availability have a choice between two not so great aircraft. Any idea which is better in J? Mainly concerned about seating comfort / ability to sleep.

Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:28 am

hi sadiqhassan,

you know the a319 is the all business service?

it really depends on your preferences:

A319

Pros:

it's exclusive
my flight had about 8 pax so really excellent service and you'll get a mattress and much more attention typically

Cons:

it will be more noisy
it feels more cramped because the metal is much more narrow and claustrophobic.
all in all you'll probably feel that the a330 is more spacious
you'll probably get parked on tarmac away from the bridge. again, there may be updates on this?

A330

not all business
if you get the angle-lie then it is a much worse experience but understand from other forums on FT that you are guaranteed a flat bed
the seats will be only a year old
spacious cabin. slightly less spacious than the 777 I think?
depending on volume you won't get the same service
you're also very unlikely to get a mattress
not sure what time the a330 goes so couldn't comment on likely volume but you could do a dummy booking on expedia to check pax levels.

lounge possibly quieter for a319 as it is the last flight of the day.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:07 am

I would definitely pick the A319. You will get a guaranteed flat bed, while on the A333 you might get an angled seat. Even in the upright position the A319 seat is more comfortable, it also has more storage and privacy than the non-refurbished A333.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
When are you travelling? The A319 is not going to be flying to LHR for long, my Feb trip got moved to a 787.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:27 am

Hi,

I am flying business class DOH-LHR on 16th October 2015 and I noticed that the aircraft is a330-300. As there was no first class fare, I assume it's a two-class configuration. I wanted to know if the seat will be 180 degree lie-flat or the old 165 degree seats. As far as I know, the a330-200s and 320s have been refurbished so I am not sure about the a330-300. Does anyone know if all old aircrafts have been refurbished?

Many thanks.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:28 am

Bahrain,
There are other discussions in FT forums as Qatarsource updates the fleet.
My understanding is there is a low-medium risk you're on a angled seat but I would have thought the change in schedule to a more frequent a330 patter at LHR (2x a330 pd?) they will ensure they're updated on a very competitive route but then they've been flying the inadequate a340 for years!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.