Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Dress regulations for Qatar Doha lounge access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dress regulations for Qatar Doha lounge access?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: The Embassy
Originally Posted by Nuff Said
but it was once done on appearance. My first two were done by this method at the gate
Your theory on this being that the ground staff took one look at you and thought to themselves "now that's one finely dressed chappie/lassie! I like the cut of his/her jib!" and that's how you got upgraded?

Having also been upgraded at the gate a few times back when I used to fly Y, I can attest that looking like I just emerged from a three day meth bender had no apparent negative consequences. Perhaps we both just carry that elusive Star Quality...
Old Jul 24, 2015, 3:28 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
Having also been upgraded at the gate a few times back when I used to fly Y, I can attest that looking like I just emerged from a three day meth bender had no apparent negative consequences. Perhaps we both just carry that elusive Star Quality...
+1. However, I did get greeted with a slightly surprised: "oh you must have gotten lucky.." when I marched forward to the C cabin
Old Jul 24, 2015, 6:05 pm

Your theory on this being that the ground staff took one look at you and thought to themselves "now that's one finely dressed chappie/lassie! I like the cut of his/her jib!" and that's how you got upgraded?

In a word, yes. Both were back in 2005 when I was a humble Burgundy. First time I was picked out in a crowd by a QR supervisor after passing through the gate, he asked to see my boarding pass, then said he would put me in business. On the other occasion I was approaching the gate, which had two lanes but no queue. One of the staff looked in my direction, prodded her colleague who also glanced at me, he nodded, and the rest is history.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I like to dress as casually as possible when flying premium, because it irritates the people who still think there's some glamour in air travel.
As long as the thong you wear does not irritate you!! LOL
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by kimbb
It is possible to be casually dressed and still look good!
Agree. I've been in the First and Business lounge in Doha with my husband who was dressed casually in shorts, polo and dressy flip flop things. They were clean and ironed and yes casual can look great too.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 1:38 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
Depends on your thong....mine are quite chic !!!!
Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Originally Posted by Abyssin
Depends on your thong....mine are quite chic !!!!
To revisit.. or... to elaborate the,... ah... colloquial... usage of thong" in Australia...

http://www.noosanews.com.au/news/sol...omona/1459391/
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by in2it54
I consider looking like a hobo to be completely dumb.

If you look like a piece of crap, you get treated like a piece of crap - and that's not just inflight. It goes for Customs, Immigration, Security Staff, Counter Staff, .....etc.
And, if you're looking/hoping for a op up, just forget it.
I wore shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops (my best hobo attire) a couple of weeks ago from SIN-LHR, and was op-upped from J to F on the DOH-LHR leg. No issues at customs either...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.