Search

Oryx crashes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: ABBA
Oryx crashes

is it me or is oryx a pile of steaming?

On 5 of the last 7 QR flights I've taken, all in J, oryx has crashed in some fashion. On the other two I didn't even bother.

This evenings entertainment is an arrow in the top left of the control pad on the a350 from sin.

At least the a350 has volume controls though, the 787 system was obviously designed by someone who had never used an IfE before - 5 presses to change volume, and a lag time when pressing pause measured in seconds.

Attentive crew, easy airport transfer (compared with LhR), and flights in J cheaper than Ba in W, in flight wifi/phone (no calls ) mean it's all good, but the IfE really lets it down.

Am I just unlucky?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by paulwuk
is it me or is oryx a pile of steaming?

On 5 of the last 7 QR flights I've taken, all in J, oryx has crashed in some fashion. On the other two I didn't even bother.

This evenings entertainment is an arrow in the top left of the control pad on the a350 from sin.

At least the a350 has volume controls though, the 787 system was obviously designed by someone who had never used an IfE before - 5 presses to change volume, and a lag time when pressing pause measured in seconds.

Attentive crew, easy airport transfer (compared with LhR), and flights in J cheaper than Ba in W, in flight wifi/phone (no calls ) mean it's all good, but the IfE really lets it down.

Am I just unlucky?
I very seldomly experienced that kind of trouble with Oryx.. I can remember maybe 1 or 2 completely broken screens (but with seats nearby available where it worked fine), and sure, once or twice a reboot or something.

As for volume control.. I usually press once on the screen to bring up the controls, and then hit the volume button.. that's two presses. Can't remember on the hand-held thingy, but I can't remember it being too complicated..

There are problems with it, sure, but I don't find them massively bothersome most of the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.