Wiki Posts
Search

QR's A350 in J Frankfurt-Doha

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
QR's A350 in J Frankfurt-Doha

I recently posted a trip report of my flight in QR´s new A-350 - actually the same aircraft I had the priviledge to fly with on delivery day in Toulouse. I started to take some measurements to compre it to QRs 787)). I really loove the reverse herring bone of QRs seat configuration, the quietness and space of this aircraft..and I enjoyed an outstanding service. Pls find the video here, in case you dont know it yet

Old May 27, 2015, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
You can also see my report of the return trip here:

Old May 30, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: QF; EK; LH
Wonderful, be sure to post links in the Trip Reports, I'm certain many prospective QR flyers would appreciate your videos
Old May 30, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Without having to watch the videos can you please comment on the seat with on A350 compared to the 788 ?

I heard from somewhere that the A350 seat is much wider (30 inches) but until now have been unable to verify this.

Thanks
Old May 31, 2015, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
In business class it is identical. In Y i measured it and will show and compare it in the next video. Practically, though, I dont think there was a big difference.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:35 am

Great video! Love the measurements. Which was better in your opinion? I'm so excited about getting to try both in Oct + A380.

Q - the wife is complaining about the standard of amenity kit and I have to agree. BAs is way better. Have they changed this in the last yr?
Q - is there a matress on the 787 or A350?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by Nizar
Without having to watch the videos can you please comment on the seat with on A350 compared to the 788 ?

I heard from somewhere that the A350 seat is much wider (30 inches) but until now have been unable to verify this.

Thanks
I've tried both (B788 LHR - DOH and A359 DOH - FRA) in J. If there's a difference in width, I couldn't tell.

I do prefer A359 window shade as it actually does its job (i.e. blocking sunlight). B788 'shades' are essentially dark tinted windows.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I thought the J amenity kit was marginal and less preferred to UAs new kit.

No mattress pad was offered on FRA to DOH flight in J.

Cabin staff is not consistent. Eastern European FAs seem to have an attitude on QR like they do on EK. Fortunately was on the correct side of the plane.

I did find clearing immigration and screening at DOH a pleasant surprise if you keep an eye out to break left to enter B / F arrivals.

The J hard product was superior to any of the legacy 3 US carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.