Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR 39 connecting to QR40 (Inbound and Outbound on the same plane)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Hi!

I am interested to do a mileage run to CDG on QR39, connecting to QR40 on the same day with 1hour 50 mins gap between the two with luggage. Is it possible for me to avoid going through the immigration and do the paperwork at the transfer desk? Or anyone has similar experience?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
You're probably fine, assuming you don't need a schengen visa. Even so you'll probably still be fine.

Ask for the return boarding passes on the outbound ex-DOH which speed things up.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:55 am

QR checks travel documents at the gate in DOH.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Titanium
I did the same thing, DOH-CMB-DOH on two different tickets, worked fine. The only issue was that I too had luggage, and since the return CMB-DOH was on a separate ticket, they couldn't tag my bag back to DOH, their computers in DOH when I checked in wouldn't allow it.

All that happened was they put a note in their system, when I landed in CMB I was met at the door of the plane, taken to the lounge, they took my passport, went and retagged my bag and got my boarding pass and then came back and gave me what I needed.

For countries that need a visa, as long as you can show the DOH crew your connecting flight info they won't care about immigration in CDG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.