Wiki Posts
Search

Aircraft type changes - how often?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:27 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

Aircraft type changes - how often?

I've just done a MAN-DOH-DXB flight. There were a few connection possibilities, but I chose a 3 hours connection so I could try out the 787 in F.

On boarding, it had been switched to an A321

Is this a regular occurrence, or was I just unlucky?

First time flying QR... So far, a bit mixed. Food great, service poor (on the MAN-DOH leg), seats just about OK.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 3:12 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I've just done a MAN-DOH-DXB flight. There were a few connection possibilities, but I chose a 3 hours connection so I could try out the 787 in F.

On boarding, it had been switched to an A321

Is this a regular occurrence, or was I just unlucky?

First time flying QR... So far, a bit mixed. Food great, service poor (on the MAN-DOH leg), seats just about OK.
Not to upset you, but there is no F on the 787 with QR.

You may have paid for a First bracketed ticket, but only the A380, A340, and one of the A330's have an F cabin.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 3:31 am

As a general rule don't pick an intra Gulf flight based on the aircraft type, as these switch around depending on demand or operational issues. Pick your flights on the most convenient schedule.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The premium cabin is sold as F rather than J on intra-Gulf flights.

If you like to play aircraft type lottery, QR can be highly recommended. Just yesterday, I spotted QR1 (DOH-LHR) having changed from A340 (which it has been pretty much constantly for quite some time) to 787, before eventually being operated by A380 in July.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:55 am
Original Poster

You may have paid for a First bracketed ticket, but only the A380, A340, and one of the A330's have an F cabin.
Yeah, I realised that. If was more to try out the 787 rather than F. When I did the online check in, there was only one other seat taken on the 787, so I suspect it was changed due to the low loads.

Incidentally, T1 at DXB was a zoo. The sooner they get concourse D open the better!
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:40 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Yeah, I realised that. If was more to try out the 787 rather than F. When I did the online check in, there was only one other seat taken on the 787, so I suspect it was changed due to the low loads.

Incidentally, T1 at DXB was a zoo. The sooner they get concourse D open the better!
My experience with QR is that their Online Check-In isnt as well used as with BA.

On all 4 of my QR flights, all either in F or J, I usually see an almost empty cabin. Fast forward 24 hours, and the cabin is pretty full (except in F where it was me and 2 others!).
Old Apr 25, 2015, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

My experience with QR is that their Online Check-In isnt as well used as with BA.

On all 4 of my QR flights, all either in F or J, I usually see an almost empty cabin. Fast forward 24 hours, and the cabin is pretty full (except in F where it was me and 2 others!).
There were 7 on the MAN-DOH leg (out of 30). Reminded me of the early Emirates days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.