Wiki Posts
Search

Stop over / meals during Ramadan

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Stop over / meals during Ramadan

Dear people,

In July this year I will travel business class on Qatar.
- I have a 9 hour stopover (arrival 23.15, departure 08.15). Can you help me with airport accomodation?
- Are there full meal services onboad on Qatar (business class) during Ramadan?

Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by Sebas21
Dear people,

In July this year I will travel business class on Qatar.
- I have a 9 hour stopover (arrival 23.15, departure 08.15). Can you help me with airport accomodation?
- Are there full meal services onboad on Qatar (business class) during Ramadan?

Thanks!
Hello Sebas21,

QR might be more helpful in arranging stopover than we here are If you are booked in business class, call them and they will arrange it. At the airport head to the transit accommodation counter, they will guide you through it from there...
EDIT: it's only free if there's no shorter connection and if it's not going to GCC countries... but the final decision is with QR, so call them and hope for the best

As for ramadan: As far as I know the ONLY reduction is the no-alcohol on ground rule (i.e. in the lounge, maybe also pre departure drinks?). In the air it's business as usual i think; definitely no reduction in food, probably also not in drinks.

Happy flighting!
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zehbra
Hello Sebas21,

QR might be more helpful in arranging stopover than we here are If you are booked in business class, call them and they will arrange it. At the airport head to the transit accommodation counter, they will guide you through it from there...
EDIT: it's only free if there's no shorter connection and if it's not going to GCC countries... but the final decision is with QR, so call them and hope for the best

As for ramadan: As far as I know the ONLY reduction is the no-alcohol on ground rule (i.e. in the lounge, maybe also pre departure drinks?). In the air it's business as usual i think; definitely no reduction in food, probably also not in drinks.

Happy flighting!
Thanks!

They will not arrange an accomodation, there is an earlyer flight available.. So any tips?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by zehbra

Happy flighting!
If I recall correctly flights between Gulf destinations don't serve alcohol during Ramadan, other flights do serve it.

Same principle for pre-take off drinks; On the ground at Gulf airports, probably not, others probably yes.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: The Embassy
They will not arrange an accomodation, there is an earlyer flight available.. So any tips?
Stay in the airport hotel, where there's a swimming pool and a gym. Get a late free dinner in the lounge, and an early free breakfast there too :-)
Old Apr 18, 2015, 1:28 am

Take the earlier flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.