Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Globetrotter Promo - 100,000 Bonus Qmiles, Tier Upgrade and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
This is excellent news but (if actually correct) bound to be the subject of a Ts&Cs change imminently !!

So now we need a list of the cheapest routes which get you two badges in one.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by sexten
This would mean, with the current Global Campaign offer, you can fly CPH-DOH-SIN-DOH-CPH in Biz for €1365 and earn a total of 46'808 Qmiles(!).

Almost worthy of a mileage run.
If you are not resident in Denmark and Singapore you should get bonus miles

7500 from DOH - SIN
5000 from DOH - CPH

and addiitionally the regular miles for the complete trip. I cant check your calculation of 46.808 miles in total because it depends on your member level and booking class in business
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
This is excellent news but (if actually correct) bound to be the subject of a Ts&Cs change imminently !!

So now we need a list of the cheapest routes which get you two badges in one.
Logically this should be the flight with the shortest connections to/from DOHA to the theme destinations.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by Crisu69
If you are not resident in Denmark and Singapore you should get bonus miles

7500 from DOH - SIN
5000 from DOH - CPH

and addiitionally the regular miles for the complete trip. I cant check your calculation of 46.808 miles in total because it depends on your member level and booking class in business
The total of 46'808 miles is including 15'000 miles for SIN and 10'000 miles for CPH, as a Burgundy member. Actually I thought CPH was 10k, so the correct number is 41'808 miles.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:06 pm
Suspended

The total of 46'808 miles is including 15'000 miles for SIN and 10'000 miles for CPH, as a Burgundy member. Actually I thought CPH was 10k, so the correct number is 41'808 miles.
I should had bought CPH - SIN - CPH instead of ARN.

Now want to change the tickets, and unable to do it online
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:17 pm

Ok, i did not see you fly business. Should be ok your calculation for the miles. Not forget your travel time must be Oct. - Nov.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:20 pm

CPH to DXB in October for about 350euros rt. Not sure best deal for first two badges. I still don't think this credits how we are hoping.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by largeeyes
CPH to DXB in October for about 350euros rt. Not sure best deal for first two badges. I still don't think this credits how we are hoping.
Thats cheap if you live in denmark. Best is you ask qatar online for confirmation same i did. They confirmed to me similar trip in writing. If later they not give me the badges they must have a good explanation.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by KenGreen888
One major issue with QR is that they will change the T & C as the promotion goes along. Moving the goal posts as it were.
This is what concerns me most about this entire promotion. Before I invest ~$1k per person, I want to be sure I get the miles. I'm not so sure here.....
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:48 pm

Thats cheap if you live in denmark. Best is you ask qatar online for confirmation same i did. They confirmed to me similar trip in writing. If later they not give me the badges they must have a good explanation.
Berlin to say, Colombo can be done in June for mid 400s. So, alltogether 800euros, 100k miles+normal miles + bonuses. Again, I don't really trust this promo being honored as we understand it.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:50 pm

It's actually better if you live in Sweden or Norway (easy/cheap to get to CPH), since you then will get bonus miles and badges for both CPH and DXB..

I'm still not convinced this is actually true (even if support says it is), that's why I have booked conventional round-trips to all destinations. For your sake, I hope you actually get the badges/miles.

Keep us posted what happens, if bonus miles start ticking in, I might have to do some extra mileage runs...
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:11 pm
Suspended

It's actually better if you live in Sweden or Norway (easy/cheap to get to CPH), since you then will get bonus miles and badges for both CPH and DXB..

I'm still not convinced this is actually true (even if support says it is), that's why I have booked conventional round-trips to all destinations. For your sake, I hope you actually get the badges/miles.

Keep us posted what happens, if bonus miles start ticking in, I might have to do some extra mileage runs...
I agreed.

so far I have booked

ARN - HKT, BKK - ARN on Jun, J
ARN - DEL - ARN on July, T
ARN - BKK, SIN -ARN on Oct, J
(plan to change it to SGN instead of BKK)
ARN - BKK - ARN on Nov, J

Tempting to jump on CPH-DXB-CPH on September as well, but I kinda of skeptical, will wait and see.

QR inconsistency scares me big time.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)

reposted.

Last edited by wandering_persian; Apr 15, 2015 at 8:36 am Reason: Reedited in better format - next page
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
How about open jaws? For ex, Berlin-Doha-Madrid. Assuming both are done in the right travel period, would one get both the cultural and adventure badge?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by vd0t
How about open jaws? For ex, Berlin-Doha-Madrid. Assuming both are done in the right travel period, would one get both the cultural and adventure badge?
Berlin-Doha-Madrid-Doha-Berlin, yes.
The point is you need a DOH->x to qualify for x.
x->DOH will not work.

Based on what Support is telling us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.