Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Globetrotter Promo - 100,000 Bonus Qmiles, Tier Upgrade and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Globetrotter Promo - 100,000 Bonus Qmiles, Tier Upgrade and more

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:04 pm
Suspended

same happened to me with all my offers in the past and this one. top notch QR IT at it again. but dont worry, it should be fine. if you dont get credit (theyve screwed up every offer Ive registered so far, but at least theyve acknowledged them, just credited them incorrectly), just email privilege club.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:48 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
What's the average time for a reply from Privilege Club? I sent an email asking about more details about this promo, about what is allowed and not.
1 week later I have heard nothing.

I wanna do LCA-DEL-LCA for 2 badges and SGN-PNH-SGN for 1 badge and want to get confirmation this is considered qualifying flights. I can't see why PNH and DEL would not get accepted, but unsure about LCA.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:55 am

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by sexten
What's the average time for a reply from Privilege Club?
In my experience; close to eternity. And if you do get an answer, it should suprise you if it make any sense.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
In my experience; close to eternity. And if you do get an answer, it should suprise you if it make any sense.
Depends on the inquiry. If it doesn't make any sense (which it most certainly won't) write again. And again. In my experience it starts getting useful after about the 3rd or 4th repetition
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:10 am

Has anyone had any luck asking them on twitter?

Would be interesting how a OJ would credit...

Last edited by largeeyes; Mar 30, 2015 at 6:21 am
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:55 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Strange promotions

Qatar does strange promotions...
I just switched from flying Etihad (and loosing my gold status there)
I booked and flew BKK-DOH-BRU last week on A380 and B787 to discover that Fly 2x A380 before 31st march in J, get double miles and status upgrade.
If I would have known that I would have booked A380 to CDG.

And now this strange Cultural? promotion...

Incidentally I will be flying to BRU in september and to BKK in october, thus 2x10k miles bonus + 25K for 2 "travel badges"?

Wait and see...
Old Mar 31, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: The Embassy
Originally Posted by tartempion
Fly 2x A380 before 31st march in J, get ... status upgrade.
Tomorrow is the moment of truth for this promotion, and I am curious to see if it's going to pay out.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
Tomorrow is the moment of truth for this promotion, and I am curious to see if it's going to pay out.
It's ridiculous that the day before the promotion period starts, there are still no terms & conditions up.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:36 am

Qn: I would like to enquire about the globetrotter promotion. If I am flying CMB-DOH-ZRH-DOH-CMB in June, does that count as one badge or two badge?

Ans: We wish to inform you that as per Qatar Airways Globetrotter campaign travel to at least one of the destinations in each theme during that theme’s offer period and you will earn bonus Qmiles. On top of that, at the end of every theme, you will be awarded a special "travel badge" for participating.

Hence, if you travel one way during that theme’s offer period and you will earn bonus Qmiles.

We would like to inform you that you will get bonus miles for Doha to Zurich and Zurich to Doha sector and one badge for this journey you will get.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by tboons
Qn: I would like to enquire about the globetrotter promotion. If I am flying CMB-DOH-ZRH-DOH-CMB in June, does that count as one badge or two badge?

Ans: We wish to inform you that as per Qatar Airways Globetrotter campaign travel to at least one of the destinations in each theme during that theme’s offer period and you will earn bonus Qmiles. On top of that, at the end of every theme, you will be awarded a special "travel badge" for participating.

Hence, if you travel one way during that theme’s offer period and you will earn bonus Qmiles.

We would like to inform you that you will get bonus miles for Doha to Zurich and Zurich to Doha sector and one badge for this journey you will get.
Is their english normally this bad?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by tboons

1) Where did you send that question to? And how long did it take before you got the reply?

2) Can this be read as one-way trips actually qualify as travel badges or not? If you had split up your trip in CMB-DOH-ZHR and ZHR-DOH-CMB you would get 2 travel badges?

It's so annoying just sitting and waiting for an answer when I'm basically ready to order all the tickets needed to complete all 4 badges.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:35 am
Suspended

Thanks for emailing them, though that answer added more questions than it answered, typical Privilege Club customer service
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
I was looking at doing this all economy as the 4 badge bonuses don't look to be class restricted .

CAI-DOH-NBO return during the overlapping periods Jun-Aug and
IST-DOH-DXB return during the overlapping periods Oct-Nov

As 2 return trips works out at about $770

but there's nothing to say that your Origin city on return would count . I could buy 4 single tickets but the single NBO-CAI is on the pricy side .

As 4 single one way trips it would be about $1232

Any thoughts on whether the 4 single trips would be worth it ? I would get 132574 total miles including bonuses and also get a tier upgrade to Gold .
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by crombiestone
I was looking at doing this all economy as the 4 badge bonuses don't look to be class restricted .

CAI-DOH-NBO return during the overlapping periods Jun-Aug and
IST-DOH-DXB return during the overlapping periods Oct-Nov

As 2 return trips works out at about $770

but there's nothing to say that your Origin city on return would count . I could buy 4 single tickets but the single NBO-CAI is on the pricy side .

As 4 single one way trips it would be about $1232

Any thoughts on whether the 4 single trips would be worth it ? I would get 132574 total miles including bonuses and also get a tier upgrade to Gold .
I don't think anyone knows until the T&C are released.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by railways
So if, say, I were to travel:

Vienna - Phuket - Vienna in June, and
Munich - Bangkok - Munich in November

I should get all four badges and the 100k miles bonus?
Yes, i asked customer support same question and they confirmed to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.