Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

OWE flying in Y - able to take a guest into the LHR T4 Skyteam lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold

I've had a look and am rather unclear on this one, as it looks like QR have their own arrangement here so I wanted to check if I'd be allowed to take in a non-status guest (wife) as would normally be the case under oneworld rules?

Looks like a decent lounge with the added bonus that I can buy my kids into it as well, but I don't want to turn up there to find I and they can get it, but the wife has to sit outside. Not likely to be the best start to a holiday

Have other OWE/OWSs been able to take a guest in before?

thanks
RC
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
Maybe its not quite useful for you but I took a friend of mine in last time as a QR gold.

I think you should be able to according the OW rules but we will wait for the answer together here
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Ah well, I can see it's covered under Priority Pass, so I've finally bitten the bullet and signed up (£34 via Amazon, bargain...). So one way or the other, we'll all be getting in fairly cheaply...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Last time I checked in at LHR I was asked if I was travelling alone as the agent was filling in the lounge invitation. I guess the question was most likely asked so she would know whether a guest should be included on the lounge invite. Good luck and let us know how you get on!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Yes, I took my wife in to the Skyteam lounge when we were both flying QR in Y, although I prefer the MH Golden Lounge in T4.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by purple1addict
Last time I checked in at LHR I was asked if I was travelling alone as the agent was filling in the lounge invitation. I guess the question was most likely asked so she would know whether a guest should be included on the lounge invite. Good luck and let us know how you get on!
Ah that sounds a bit more promising... ok will do (won't be till June though!).

Next challenge will be all getting into the louge at Doha, I think that's going to be a very different proposition though!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Ah that sounds a bit more promising... ok will do (won't be till June though!).

Next challenge will be all getting into the louge at Doha, I think that's going to be a very different proposition though!
This shouldn't be a problem under the current rules, and even if they change the entry criteria to Al Mourjan Lounge between now and June, there should still be a lounge provided for you both to use.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JP1981
This shouldn't be a problem under the current rules, and even if they change the entry criteria to Al Mourjan Lounge between now and June, there should still be a lounge provided for you both to use.
Ah, but even if they did let my other half in (and what I've seen is a bit mixed around guests in that lounge), my 2 kids would still be stuck outside as I'm pretty sure they would not accept my priority pass there for extra guests

Not that it's a long connection anyway, so no big deal. Bit early in the morning to be hitting the Ducru Beaucaillou anyway!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.