Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Regularity of offers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Regularity of offers

Does QR make offers from Doha (x% off tickets) at regular intervals? Looking to book some intercontinental flights for September and October, and an offer covering that would be great.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: QR Gold
The sales always seem to be on, but never really great deals from DOH...

It's crazy, but my mother who is based in DOH takes a flight from DOH to DXB (or other local ones) and then gets a QR flight to where she wants to go as it's cheaper...
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
Originally Posted by cundall
The sales always seem to be on, but never really great deals from DOH...

It's crazy, but my mother who is based in DOH takes a flight from DOH to DXB (or other local ones) and then gets a QR flight to where she wants to go as it's cheaper...
Funny enough I know a few people in Dubai transfer through QR and people in Doha transfer through DXB...
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cundall
Nothing crazy: time is money, and connections are a hassle and carry small risks of misconnect, so the routing with an extra stop should always be more cheaper than the nonstop because people are willing to pay more for the one that's direct. This is even more prominent in business class, where someone billing/making $1,000 per hour is very time-sensitive.

As a result, DXB-DOH-xxx should always be cheaper than DOX-xxx, and DOH-DXB-xxx should always be cheaper than DXB-xxx.

No craziness here, just rational human behavior. And of course, if you're retired (low value of your time), student (same low value of your time plus high value to your limited money), etc., going one-stop is a great value.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Got to agree with hillrider. If I can get a flight that only lasts 6 hours, compared to 8 hours then I do take the direct connection. Likewise, if I can leave at a decent time (btw. 7-19:00) then I pay more, rather than take one of those airlines leaving at 1 at night.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: QR Gold
I agree with you hillrider...

My mother is retired so time is not much of an issue and i have paid more for better connections too..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.