Typo in last name

Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Typo in last name

Hi Guys,

I booked my Qatar ticket through Vayama and I made a mistake in the last name when I booked it. I have to remove an extra letter on the name.

I contacted Vayama and they contacted Qatar. Qatar is asking me to cancel the ticket and book it again which is costing me $1000 per ticket since I booked the ticket a month back and the new prices have gone way up.

But it is just removing a character. Shouldn't there be an option of doing this without cancelling the ticket and rebooking it? Can someone help me here please.

Thanks.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 2:10 pm

How "bad" is the mistake. If it is one letter, it is usually never a problem. Just do a quick search in flyertalk. There are plenty of discussions with more detail.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It took you a month to notice the mistake? Wow.

One additionak random letter = if anyone notices play dumb and suggest that "someone" must have made a typo/error.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Okay. I'm going with "Oh ....! Someone screwed in typing the last name!". Hopefully nothing happens.

Actually the tickets are for my parents and they are travelling for the first time. A bit worried tho'.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.