Wiki Posts
Search

How to prepare for potential downgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:03 am
Original Poster

How to prepare for potential downgrade?

Hi all,
we are booked on QR 70 from FRA to DOH in Business. Our booking shows the flight to be operated on an 350-900 with the seat map displaying 36 business class seats.

I gather that this would be the first flight with a 350 ex FRA at 1045. Assuming any delivery/operational hiccups any alternative equipment would probably not be able to provide as many business seats.

We booked on a new year promo, so I am guessing we would be prime candidates for a downgrade. Do you have any suggestion on how we could react to this situation?

Thanks for any information or advice!
Hansie
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I would select your seats now and then keep checking your Manage My Booking for any aircraft or schedule changes. If the aircraft changes then choose new seats as soon as you notice the change (if your original allocation doesn't hold with a green tick that is). Then check-in online as early as possible - it should open 36 hours before take off - and print your boarding passes. Downgrades tend to happen - and I'm speaking very generally here - to those who haven't checked in online before the flight as the airline presumes there is a higher chance of them not showing up for the flight. Good luck and do report back on your flight experience!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:09 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
You are departing from the EU and so EU261 would apply for any downgrade or denied boarding. I would suggest you read up on your rights (there is a good guide in the BA section).
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your suggestions - keeping fingers crossed that all will go well!
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Hmm...QR70 on 01Mar2015 shows an equipment swap from A350 to A330. The A330 has 6 fewer business class seats.
Currently I cannot select any business seats on A330 as all business rows 1-5 are blocked. Our booking, however, still shows the original seat request for row 6.

I guess we have been/will be downgraded so I have already filled out the form EU261.

To whom should I send this form (e.g. personal delivery to QR station manager at FRA at check-in)?

We have return tickets FRA-DOH-TRV. Is EU261 compensation based on the original ticket price or just on the price of the sector FRA-DOH? If so, how is this calculated?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
There are 3 J seats available on QR68 right now QR70 is indeed showing as a A333 with J0 seats availble. If the later flight works for you at all it may be worth a phone call.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately not.
QR68 reaches DOH at 23:00. Our connecting flight QR506 to TRV leaves DOH at 20:05.
Mega bummer...
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Rats. You can only check in online early and assume that someone else is not going to show up. Alternatively if you check in before someone else who is only going to DOH or perhaps a destination with multiple flights like DXB they might get bumped instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.