Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

"Qatar Airways – Online Upgrade Offer" LHR-DOH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Qatar Airways – Online Upgrade Offer" LHR-DOH

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Cool "Qatar Airways – Online Upgrade Offer" LHR-DOH

Heading back to IKA on Tuesday, got this email yesterday - £482 is what QR wants for LHR-DOH.

---------------------------
Dear Customer,

We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to upgrade your travel for booking reference XXXXXX.

Economy to Business Class on flight QR 0002 on Tuesday, January 06, 2015 from London Heathrow Apt to Doha at a special price of GBP 482 per person.

This exclusive offer is available on a first come first served basis until 04-Jan-2015 20:30 GMT.
Upgrade to Premium Class and get:[LIST][*]Access to premium cabin[*]Access to premium lounge[*]Additional Baggage as per cabin

Important information
  • This exclusive offer is applicable to all passengers named and listed on the booking itinerary referenced above.
  • The upgrade is only valid on the specific flight number and date mentioned and may not be applicable for the entire journey/itinerary.
  • You can only purchase this one off deal using your Credit card (Visa, Master, Amex and Diners) via the link provided in this e-mail.
  • All passengers in the booking must purchase the upgrade.
  • It is not permitted to purchase upgrades for specific passengers selectively within the booking.
  • This offer to upgrade select itineraries within the booking is non-refundable, non-changeable and non-transferrable.
  • Qmiles will accrue based on the original ticketed class and not the upgraded class of travel.
  • If you have other Qatar Airways flight indicated on the booking not included in the offer, it will remain in the same class of service as originally booked.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:36 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
That's a shame they only offer the standard original booking class mile/points.

Safe & Happy travels

S
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:59 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Originally Posted by Saltire74
That's a shame they only offer the standard original booking class mile/points.
Indeed! If QR took the same approach to proactive online upgrades as BA (by offering the miles/points of the upgraded travel class), then it would be brilliant and I would take advantage of the offers a lot more.

Last edited by Work-Shy; Jan 7, 2015 at 4:31 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:05 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
How common are these offers?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Yep, especially at that price (which is probably getting on for quarter of a J transit fare anyway!).

I got this offer once before when I booked direct through QR website - never had it on any TA bookings. Similar/same price offered if I recally correctly.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:43 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
As I've already said, it is a shame that it is only TPs/Miles awarded for original booking class. I was offered an upgrade on CX a while back via e-mail from Y to PEY. The offer was HK$500 which equated roughly to £40 at the time and I was awarded the PEY TPs & Miles (Avios) which I thought was an excellent deal.

Hopefully QR are testing the water and will hopefully go the full hog with these offers and start awarding the points and miles for class travelled...I know....wishful thinking

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Hopefully QR are testing the water and will hopefully go the full hog with these offers and start awarding the points and miles for class travelled...I know....wishful thinking
They would be going against industry practices by doing so.

The upgrade is an attempt to gain extra revenue, based solely on the prospect of more space and comfort. Given that you are being offered the experience at a discount, then they only offer the hard product and the business class experience, but without the miles/points allowances.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
Originally Posted by florin
How common are these offers?
I get it every time before I fly
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: QR Gold
It's really a bargain!! I would go for it with my eyes closed
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:41 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by QRisthebest
I get it every time before I fly
Interesting, I've never gotten one... is that only a LHR-DOH thing so far?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by zehbra
Interesting, I've never gotten one... is that only a LHR-DOH thing so far?
LHR, HKG and BKK. I get it every time but I just ignore it, might be a coincident
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:06 pm

I received an offer for MAN-DOH.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:26 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Anyone got such an offer on a SIN-DOH flight? I have one coming up in a few days and am starting to hope for an email.. those night flights do tend to drag on in the back of a 787
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by zehbra
Anyone got such an offer on a SIN-DOH flight? I have one coming up in a few days and am starting to hope for an email.. those night flights do tend to drag on in the back of a 787
It is usually sent 4,5 days before departure. If you haven't yet received one, that probably means J is quite full...
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:52 am

Don't suppose anyone has ever taken one of these and credited to BA? If so, does it book into a different bucket and thus earn the upgraded cabin? (whereas for crediting to QR it does not)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.