on-line booking

Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star/Skyteam/Oneworld
Thumbs down on-line booking

I made an on-line booking on QT a few weeks back (SHJ-DOH) and paid by credit card. The tickets were issued and the money taken from my credit card.
Now I keep getting messages to finalise my booking or my reservation wil be cancelled! I have to send a scan of my passport and a scan of my credit card statement. How rediculous is that? I make about 100 flights a year with the most obscure airlines and I have never come across anything like this.
I called the reservations department and initially they told me that I need to show my credit card on departure for security reasons, thats fine. I thought this would be the end of the e-mails but now I have received another one requesting the scans again! Called reservations again and now they told me its a random action to make sure the pax booked are genuine. I am absolutely confused and will never use QT again. Anyone else there with the same experience?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Just be glad that they even accepted your card online. Mine only works about 1 out of every 5 times.
But about your issue, I got the following after the last booking when my card got accepted:

Your reservation is still active; however you will need to complete payment verification before your flight by submitting the Valid Passport scanned copy of Credit Card holder at www.qatarairways.com/cardpayment or at the City Ticketing Office/Airport Ticketing Office at the earliest.

If this cannot be done, please ensure that you are able to present the credit card used for the purchase at the check-in counter.

Failure to do so may result in you not being able to board your flight and additional fees may be charged depending on the fare conditions of your ticket according to Qatar Airways’ General Conditions Of Carriage.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: QR Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
QR has had some recent glitches in their payment process. They recently changed / updated their payment gateway, which I believe has some issues.
I've traveled on QR about 88 times this year, a total of about 50 unique bookings. I only faced 2-4 credit card problems, one was similar to yours, others were different.

In my case, I paid for the ticket, it showed up on my credit card online statement. When I tried to check in online, I got an error. I called QR's call center, they informed me that they didn't receive the payment, so I sent them a copy of the online CC statement as proof. That fixed the problem.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star/Skyteam/Oneworld
Thanks

Thanks guys for your replies. I will see what QT does next , but I will certainly take a copy of my credit card statement with me.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: OMNI Platinum
Is this mandatory? I haven't received anything asking for such. I booked a flight for my dad using my card. Should I go ahead and do the credit card verification just in case, his flight is on next Sunday, and I wont be at the airport to show them the card.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: QR Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ewrfox
Is this mandatory? I haven't received anything asking for such. I booked a flight for my dad using my card. Should I go ahead and do the credit card verification just in case, his flight is on next Sunday, and I wont be at the airport to show them the card.
Not mandatory. These glitches are exceptions. As long as you have a ticket number, then you're good. I'm not saying a reference number, but a ticket number. They are different things. A successful booking = reference number + ticket number. A bad booking = a reference number only.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 9:55 pm

Programs: OMNI Platinum
Originally Posted by Sky Fly
Not mandatory. These glitches are exceptions. As long as you have a ticket number, then you're good. I'm not saying a reference number, but a ticket number. They are different things. A successful booking = reference number + ticket number. A bad booking = a reference number only.

The email i got from them shows booking reference and an e-ticket number. However, I went ahead and did the card verification since Qatar's booking portal doesn't allow you to enter the passenger details such as dob and passport, which i find strange.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.