Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR's prefered alternative when connecting flight canceled

Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat

I happened to notice that our [PER-]DOH-ZRH connection (in J) in about a month's time has been canceled - no ZRH flight at all now on that day. QR have not yet contacted me about the change, so I wonder what my chances are to proactively suggest a win-win alternative.

Ideally, we could stay in Doha 27 hours instead of 3 and take the initially booked flight, on a 788, but a day later. Current J availability is good. For this fare, stopovers were not permitted, but what if the "stopover" is due to QR's own fault? Seems a cost effective option for QR, just one night in a hotel.

They could fly us via other 788 routes (MUC, VIE...) and the last leg to ZRH on LH. Surely more expensive for QR?

The worst alternative would be via GVA on a 320. Availability looks worryingly good. Can I decline this option if offered?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Why would you wait? They may or may not contact you, but by that time they will have rebooked many of the people on that flight and the better alternatives will be long gone. Call immediately and ask for what you want. Don't get into what is a stopover. Simply ask for what you want.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Thanks often1, my bad. Manage My Booking had the changed in already, the original flight moved by one day. Where does QR dump their J pax for evernight stays in DOH?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
usually the Oryx Rotana but sometimes the Movenpick
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
That is simply an auto-rebook. If you want something else, call.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.