Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

DOH-LHR A380 Upper deck Economy Seat Selection for PC members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DOH-LHR A380 Upper deck Economy Seat Selection for PC members

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
IAN-UK Very often QR will block the seat next to a PC member with OWS and OWE status so that they have a little more room. It would appear that they are extending that 'perk' to other OW fliers. If you look at one of the many sites, such as ExpertFlyer then you will be able to see the blocked and the occupied eats.
Of course this perk will disappear if the flight gets too full.
question, i have been a QR Gold/OWS for a year now and taken many flights in Y since then, with flights both full and empty, but I've never seen the seat next to mine blocked?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:38 pm

ms101 this is an unwritten perk and exactly how it is applied is unknown. It could be only used on longhaul flights or the QR office at the origins discretion or ? We just do not know. So accept it when you can get it and ignore it when you can't.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 2:20 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
I have 3 A380 legs in Y booked this year and none have an X next to any of my assigned seats (unlike last year), nor in the other non A380 sectors.
Anyway, it appeared all seats were open during OLCI, thus not a really useful status feature....
Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:38 am

tartempion as discussed on other threads QR appear to have changed their reservations system such that for a reservation to show on the seat map you need to select the seat yourself. QR no longer allocate specific seats to all passengers.
As a consequence the seat blocking perk has been removed. It could be that seat blocking appears during OLCI but you seem to suggest that it is not.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
ms101 this is an unwritten perk and exactly how it is applied is unknown. It could be only used on longhaul flights or the QR office at the origins discretion or ? We just do not know. So accept it when you can get it and ignore it when you can't.
i know, it's just that i've taken over 15? flights in the past year, all long haul, and i went through the forum and many people have said that the seat next to them is blocked most of the time (going through previous posts) but i've never ever seen it so i was just wondering lol.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I've noticed on recent flights that the seat next to me has only been blocked approx 3-4 days prior to the flight (whereas previously it used to be earlier). Perhaps that's making a bit of a difference to seat maps?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:30 pm

tartempion as discussed on other threads QR appear to have changed their reservations system such that for a reservation to show on the seat map you need to select the seat yourself. QR no longer allocate specific seats to all passengers.
As a consequence the seat blocking perk has been removed. It could be that seat blocking appears during OLCI but you seem to suggest that it is not.
Haven't flown QR yet this year, but have 3 bookings made during January promotion, one J two Y (trying to spend Qcredits and miles) All seats were automatically assigned at booking time.
One was 26K A380 UD, I recently noticed 26J was taken (last year that seat would have been blocked), moved my seat to 29G. I am waitlisted for a U on that flight. On the other 7 segments I have the other 2 seats free for the time being.
I'll see what goes on during OLCI time (last November flight seats next to me were taken during OLCI) Therefore seat blocking seems to be a perk which it is not.
Anyway, my real concern is to upgrade my segments, seems not to be easy with QR and I dislike airport (last minute lottery) requests.
I flew EY in previous years and upgrading was easy...
Old Apr 26, 2016, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by purple1addict
I've noticed on recent flights that the seat next to me has only been blocked approx 3-4 days prior to the flight (whereas previously it used to be earlier). Perhaps that's making a bit of a difference to seat maps?
Indeed, I have a Y upper deck A380 flight coming up in 60h from now and see that seats next to status pax are blocked. The next segment is not blocked yet, so I will follow up.

I am wait-listed for upgrades on both legs, The A380 has 11 biz seats blocked versus 11 free yesterday and the next flight B787 (not yet blocked) has 9 unassigned seats, up from 5 last week, guess 4 pax cancelled their trip to BRU, maybe consequence of the 22 March terror attacks.

And I got the upgrade proposal for money on both legs, with lots of miles and QCredits in my account, no thanks...
Old May 1, 2016, 1:58 am

during OLCI moved myself to 28G, empty row of 4 seats, seat to the left got blocked.
15 minutes before doors closing a group of 3 got assigned next to me, bugger.
In front of me a couple sat down enjoying 4 seats to move away to some empty window seat behind me just before departure.
After take off I moved myself to the 4 empty seats left by the couple.
That was nice in the end.

Thus the blocking of next seat is useless when flight is fairly full.
Also if on a short connection you are in trouble on the upper deck, it took ages before pax were allowed to leave, most went down the stairs, but I was allowed to go through the biz class cabin, had nearly 8 hours for next flight and had a chat with a FA, I was last to leave the plane, first time this happened...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.