Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Will I get Krug on board my QR flight?

In F, on the A380, Krug is served freely. If not, then No

Will I get Krug in the A380 On-Board Lounge?

Maybe; was unavailable for a while, last positive sighting 8th Apr 16

Will I get Krug in Al Mourjan?

No

Will I get Krug in Al Safwa?

No

Will I get Krug at LHR T4 lounge?

No
Print Wikipost

The Great Krug Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
Krug is gone for good from onboard lounge on A380, that was known already few month ago and confirmed by senior QR staff. There may have been some remains here and there, but the new policy is no Krug.

Longhaul F passengers will keep getting Krug or similar level one.

I hope this clarifies and allows some people sleep better instead of rolling in the bed, thinking "will I get the nectar of gods on my next cheap C ticket?"

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Indeed, but it did not actually left the lounge, only for J passengers and the experience I had was a bit annoying.
My Gf and I had to left the F cabin as it was full dark (I loved when they put all windows down for day flights...) The crew was happy to serve us but some other J pax did not understand why they did not get the same treatment. A bit inconfortable for us and for sure really annoying for them (that should not be something you should experience when travelling in Premium cabin)
They really should going back to the time when they served everyone the same champagne.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC
After my wife and I chatted to the girl manning the bar on the A380 (full DOH-BKK flight but only us in the bar) she was kind enough to request a glass of Krug for me. Ended up spending a little too long there sampling some of the other drinks.

Many of the other wines from first seem to be available at the bar, just not Krug?
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:38 am

Though not Krug, I may throw in the this question. Does the bar at AM still have better wines 'hidden' under counter. Not been through in a while. Thanks
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Though not Krug, I may throw in the this question. Does the bar at AM still have better wines 'hidden' under counter. Not been through in a while. Thanks
I don't believe so, which is a real shame as someone who is not particularly enamoured by champagne. Unlike the good old pre-Al Safwa days, where the nod-nod-wink-wink treatment could guarantee that a decent classified growth and a knowing smile would be forthcoming, the (hidden) cupboard has been very much bare for me recently.

I have noted that the wines are being rotated more regularly in AM in recent times. And not in a good way - in my view the quality of wines available has declined quite noticeably in the last year.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:05 am

crazyanglaisy could your perception of wine quality be caused by the fact that Al Safwa opened almost exactly one year ago (late October) and Al Mourjan no longer caters for F passengers? The removal of the F wines from Al Mourjan would certainly have that effect.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
crazyanglaisy could your perception of wine quality be caused by the fact that Al Safwa opened almost exactly one year ago (late October) and Al Mourjan no longer caters for F passengers? The removal of the F wines from Al Mourjan would certainly have that effect.
I think you're right that the opening of Al Safwa was the direct cause of the excellent 'under the counter' wines being removed From Al Mourjan. However, my point about the declining quality of the wines available in AM concerns changes in the period since this took place, and has been most notable to me in the last 3 or 4 months.

As it happens, I think something similar has been happening on board with the J class wine. Here, however, the pattern certainly isn't as conclusive, and is perhaps more notable in the whites. After all, I take it that the continued availability of the Smith Haut-Lafitte on most routes would constitute a very good counter-argument to this claim entirely on its own.

As you can no doubt infer from these observations, I weigh wine quality rather more heavily in determining my travel plans than is good for me!
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
After all, I take it that the continued availability of the Smith Haut-Lafitte on most routes would constitute a very good counter-argument to this claim entirely on its own.

As you can no doubt infer from these observations, I weigh wine quality rather more heavily in determining my travel plans than is good for me!
I heartily approve of determining travel plans according to expected wine quality! I do hope QR keep up the Haut-Lafitte in J, together with the Sauternes they often have available. The latter is particularly pleasant with the cheese board.

Last edited by templar42; Sep 28, 2016 at 4:02 am
Old Sep 28, 2016, 3:05 am

Having not flown them for a while, and with a flight coming up on Saturday afternoon, I as well hope they keep the HL in the cabin. Will make for some nice movie watching.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:08 am

FWIW, Krug was available in F during the inaugural SYD-DOH on the A380. (Continues to be available as the Wiki states)

Last edited by Viajero Millero; Sep 30, 2016 at 10:26 am
Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum
I flew CDG-DOH on F couple of days back. I can confirm that Krug was there on F and on request in the lounge, they would go to the galley nearest to F and fetch it everytime I wanted. Also, I requested for a Blue label and they served it no hesitation (though it wasnt on the menu!)
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:47 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Comtes 06 flowing in Al Safwa

Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:31 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by SENNINHA
Comtes 06 flowing in Al Safwa

Yes, that’s a very nice drink indeed Enjoy ^
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Better than Krug?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Better than Krug?
IMO Krug has a unique, sort of nutty and heavier flavor, which you either like or do not. I used to be addicted, but in more recent years, I've come to like a lighter taste, -- closer to Cristal. And I've always enjoyed one of the higher-end Veuves.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 9:03 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Better than Krug?
Its all down to personal taste I find the Comtes Taittinger preferable to Krug.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.