Upper Deck Y - non status rejected

Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Upper Deck Y - non status rejected

Hi there

Just booked a return LHR-BKK for Songkran 2015 - outbound is A380 all the way to BKK, yet when I modified the seats to lock in upper deck, I was allowed to sit there, but my friend was not! This is weird as I'm taking a flight to IKA in January and no issue there for another friend LHR-DOH-LHR legs.

Can I ask at check in - surely there can't be 50 status in Y on every flight? I know who they are in the Skyteam lounge, and the most I'd say there is 10-20!

Thanks,
Delfino
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:30 pm

Programs: QR Gold
it states only for ff in one of their emails (did not look in detail)... so if you say that 20 people have status and each of them brings a friend, that is 20 people and then again some of families you soon hit the 50 that you stated.

Also not everyone with status will use the lounge... for some reason my sister when flying in J will not use the lounge???
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by delfindo
Hi there

Just booked a return LHR-BKK for Songkran 2015 - outbound is A380 all the way to BKK, yet when I modified the seats to lock in upper deck, I was allowed to sit there, but my friend was not! This is weird as I'm taking a flight to IKA in January and no issue there for another friend LHR-DOH-LHR legs.

Can I ask at check in - surely there can't be 50 status in Y on every flight? I know who they are in the Skyteam lounge, and the most I'd say there is 10-20!

Thanks,
Delfino
When did you choose seats for the Jan flights? I wonder if they've only restricted upper deck to status pax since the announcement came out a couple of weeks ago. The announcement did specifically mention in bold text that only status pax would have upper deck and not accompanying passengers/family.

My upcoming A380 flights are looking almost full in Y upper deck but almost empty on lower deck - so I'm guessing at some point anyone could choose an upper deck seat. In which case I'll probably switch to lower deck for my overnight legs in search of an empty row

Also has BKK now been announced as third A380 destination? That one went under the radar!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by purple1addict

Also has BKK now been announced as third A380 destination? That one went under the radar!
see the Wiki here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...-services.html
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
upper deck in Y

Also trying to reserve the upper deck for 4 of us. My wife and I are BA silver, but the kids arent. It lets me select the seat for all of us, but then after saving moves the kids downstairs. Wasnt sure if this was because kids werent allowed in that cabin or if it was due to status. Any point calling to see if they will let us all sit there?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Etihad Silver
It's because kids aren't allowed in the cabin. We had the same problem and it caused us an almighty amount of hassle at the airport in doha trying to sort it out. Make sure you address it soon because if the flight gets full, they are useless about sorting it out.

We had to sit as a group of 4, for personal reasons, so we all ended up downstairs
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
What if the kids are OWS/OWE too? I haven't seen it stated anywhere that children aren't allowed in that cabin ... I assume they are allowed in F/J?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Etihad Silver
Yes they're allowed in F/J, I guess because they're paying for the privilege. They're definitely excluded from the upstairs in Y though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.