Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges in Dubai and Doha

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Lounges in Dubai and Doha

I'm heading to DXB from LHR later this week and thanks to the price difference I'm using Qatar via Doha.
I'm going to try for an early check-in at the hotel, but does anyone know if there's an arrivals lounge with a shower I can use at DXB? My connection at Doha's only 45 minutes but there's always a chance I miss it, which means some time in the lounge there. I presume there are showers I can use there. If so, are they usually busy in the mornings (~7AM)?
I'm in F if that makes a difference.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
At the moment the lounge in DOH is the Al Mourjan lounge which is being used for both J and F QR but will ultimately be for J with a seperate F lounge.

There are showers but others have found them substandard and hot.

I am not aware of an arrivals lounge for QR in DXB.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I think I might push for that early check-in at the hotel.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:25 pm
Suspended

The showers in the quiet area of the Al Mourjan lounge at DOH were extremely nice, not too hot. Use those instead of the showers in the main lobby of the lounge.

If you have time, that is.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:28 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by mpkz
The showers in the quiet area of the Al Mourjan lounge at DOH were extremely nice, not too hot. Use those instead of the showers in the main lobby of the lounge.

If you have time, that is.
And if you arrive at the right time!
Got there around 5am, I was told to use the other ones instead, since the quiet area-showers were not attended to (basically the restaurant area there was closed at that time, so no one was there)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.