Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR 70 Schedule Change?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

QR 70 Schedule Change?

Flying this upcoming winter and am noticing it departed at 9 AM originally and now its been changed to 11 AM with no notification? What happened here?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Flying this upcoming winter and am noticing it departed at 9 AM originally and now its been changed to 11 AM with no notification? What happened here?
Im not sure, but POSSIBLY, they will change the aircraft type to an A380 or daylight savings time. Who knows?!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have a couple of flights booked with QR in the next few months and on 2 intercontinental flights they have changed the times of the flights - one of them by 5 hours but never received notification. Only when I went on-line to check seating did I see the change. Surely they should send out notification of changes?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Surely they should send out notification of changes?
They used to do that when I booked my first QR flights 2.5 years ago (just an email with the new itinerary with some hidden comment about changes). It seems they stopped doing that.
They don't even always notify you if your flight has been cancelled and they put you on another QR flight (as discussed in this forum before)!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by zehbra
They used to do that when I booked my first QR flights 2.5 years ago (just an email with the new itinerary with some hidden comment about changes). It seems they stopped doing that.
They don't even always notify you if your flight has been cancelled and they put you on another QR flight (as discussed in this forum before)!
They DID notify of my change of flight to Japan. Even though the flight time was actually five minutes before the original scheduled time, they still send me an email.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
Well I am used to these changes I always check on checkmytrip if anything has changed, as QR has a habit in particular to change the planes. I am using QR70/QR 67 regularly and was quite happy that they went back to 11 am time as it fits better with my connection to Mumbai.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ThWilmesi
Well I am used to these changes I always check on checkmytrip if anything has changed, as QR has a habit in particular to change the planes. I am using QR70/QR 67 regularly and was quite happy that they went back to 11 am time as it fits better with my connection to Mumbai.
Well at least its still the 787 still servicing this route.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Well at least its still the 787 still servicing this route.
Pending short time changes etc, I am now flying in October and they changed it to a 330-300... you never know!!!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
To circumvent issues like this, few months ago I started using My Flights on my iPhone as it constantly checks Amadeus and Sabre for changes to your booking and gives you push notification. I can suggest it to all frequent flyers.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Originally Posted by peterdudas
To circumvent issues like this, few months ago I started using My Flights on my iPhone as it constantly checks Amadeus and Sabre for changes to your booking and gives you push notification. I can suggest it to all frequent flyers.
It's getting to the point where you'll need a car battery to run your phone - my phone pushes for Stock Market, Weather, Bookface, Email x 2, ........
I can probably live with checking my flight times the day before I fly.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by in2it54
It's getting to the point where you'll need a car battery to run your phone - my phone pushes for Stock Market, Weather, Bookface, Email x 2, ........
I can probably live with checking my flight times the day before I fly.
I do get your point (although I stopped using fb, I can check the weather when I need to and I only invest in passive funds).

In this case, however, you only get a notification if your booking changes (i.e. the the continuous checks are done server side) ^

Unfortunately schedule changes seem to happen with QR and the proactive approach seems to be missing, as OP's case demonstrates

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.