upgrading with Qmiles and Credits

Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

upgrading with Qmiles and Credits

Hi all,

we'll be spending our vacation on Java this year, in November. For the flight back to Doha I thought about treating us on a business class upgrade. I have 40 Qcredits I can't do anything else useful with anyway, and enough miles for one upgrade.

How would I go about this? The actual flight is not yet booked (still discussing itinerary )

If I manage to upgrade, will I get the normal miles and points for the original economy flight or something else/nothing at all?

I suppose it's not possible to combine credits and points for one flight?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:56 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by romana2
If I manage to upgrade, will I get the normal miles and points for the original economy flight or something else/nothing at all?

I suppose it's not possible to combine credits and points for one flight?
Hey romana2, yes, you get miles and points for the booking class you paid for.

Also, you can sort of combine qmiles and qcredits: by simply making several requests for different sectors/passengers.

As for how to go about that: I suggest you call the Privilege Club hotline BEFORE you book. If you're flexible, you can ask them about upgrade availability for different dates/flights. Once you have a flight with availability, you book it and then call back immediately for them to upgrade you.
While I haven't tried it that way myself, I heard this works and it seems the most secure to me.
Otherwise, you can also check for award seat availability, that USUALLY corresponds quite well with upgrade availability. but not always.

Either way, good luck
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:25 am

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
Originally Posted by zehbra
Hey romana2, yes, you get miles and points for the booking class you paid for.

Also, you can sort of combine qmiles and qcredits: by simply making several requests for different sectors/passengers.

As for how to go about that: I suggest you call the Privilege Club hotline BEFORE you book. If you're flexible, you can ask them about upgrade availability for different dates/flights. Once you have a flight with availability, you book it and then call back immediately for them to upgrade you.
While I haven't tried it that way myself, I heard this works and it seems the most secure to me.
Otherwise, you can also check for award seat availability, that USUALLY corresponds quite well with upgrade availability. but not always.

Either way, good luck
Very good tip. I have never been succesful in upgading using the online tool.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot zehbra,

that's a really helpful answer
At the moment there's still masses of award opportunity for late November/early December and with the flights still planned this year I will earn the miles that I'd spend on this back easily.

Hmm.. looks though that I don't have much of a plane choice. The only decent-timed flight leaving Jakarta would be am Airbus A330-200. Guess I can't show Dreamliner Businessclass to my husband Oh well... unless we fly home via Denpasar, which I don't think I want to do. I feel more for spending a few days on Lombok.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.