Worth $150 to upgrade from QR J to QR F?

Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I have a segment currently booked on USDM in QR J from DOH-LHR, and while checking routes on KVS tonight, noticed an opening in QR F.

Is it worth $150 to upgrade to QR F? The food differences seem slight, and the only other difference I can think of is that QR F offers private BMW transfers. Anything else?

I'm currently scheduled to fly on the all-J A319, which also looks like a very nice experience.

On the other hand, the flight isn't until Feb '15 and according to the schedule, may be on the new A380, in which case the $150 is a no-brainer. But given the repeated A380 delays, I'm not sure I can count on being able to try the new A380.

Thanks!
QR's F hard product is terrible. In fact, it hasn't ever been changed and the seats look really old and aren't that comfortable.

Unless you end up on the A380 with the new F product, prepare to be unimpressed with the old F product available on the rest of the QR fleet.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fly747first
QR's F hard product is terrible. In fact, it hasn't ever been changed and the seats look really old and aren't that comfortable.

Unless you end up on the A380 with the new F product, prepare to be unimpressed with the old F product available on the rest of the QR fleet.
The upgrade ended up costing me nothing due an involuntary change of schedule. Also, I was able to upgrade into the A380, so I think that's a win-win-win situation. Can't wait to try it out!
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
The upgrade ended up costing me nothing due an involuntary change of schedule. Also, I was able to upgrade into the A380, so I think that's a win-win-win situation. Can't wait to try it out!
^^^^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.