Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Request for Bassinet seat on a Reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Hi,

What is the procedure to request a bassinet seat usually. There is nothing available on the website.

I called the local Qatar airlines office to they just took the request. Isn't there any confirmation?

Someone please guide me in right direction.

Thanks
Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: QR Gold
If you mean you want to upgrade from Y to J you can see the availability on-line once you login to your account.

------

Edit, forget this... i thought it said business seat and not bassinet seat....

At the time of booking i have seen the option of selecting seats, though i never look for bassinet so never notice tbh.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:28 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Hello and welcome to FT Sivam007!

I can't help you directly, BUT: QR usually locks all bulkhead seats until check-in time. I'm assuming they do this to accommodate cases like yours. I hope everything goes smoothly!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:25 am

Try calling again and get them to confirm the seat assignment. If it still does not work then call QR reservations in U.S. or London. If this fails then it may mean that the bulkheads have already been taking.

QR will usually bump all passangers on specific ticket to the bassinet row if there is an infant on the ticket. This is sometimes good or bad. For me it was bad as I had two other kids and wanted seats with armrest we could lift so the kids sleep accross seats. So I would call and at check in ensure that one adult was in the bulkhead with the infant and one adult was in regular row, hopefully row behind bulkhead, with the other two kids.

YOu can also request at check-in as well but make sure you are early to check in.

All this being said it is always musical chairs once you get on board a QR flight. You may have to change seats becuase a qatar female with a playboy bag states she can not sit next to a male or a qatari family of 16 wants to sit next to each other or some Qatari plays the DYKWIA card with the poor flight attendants.

Just be warned that any time the fasten seat belt sign comes on you have to take your child out of the bassinet regardless if they are sleeping or not.

Good luck!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Bassinet seats are on a first come first served basis. Which means that when you book, its placed on a request basis and you'll only know if you get the seat when you check in. There are only a limited number of bassinet seats available.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Bassinet seats are on a first come first served basis. Which means that when you book, its placed on a request basis and you'll only know if you get the seat when you check in. There are only a limited number of bassinet seats available.
I have had bassinet seats confirmed before check in. Maybe this was because I was gold, highest level at the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.