Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Is QR using the airside transit hotel for STPC/transits >8 hrs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is QR using the airside transit hotel for STPC/transits >8 hrs?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:44 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by tuchop
My incoming flight is QR772 arrives at 23:00.. outbound flight is QR810, departs at 7.30. I'll be flying Business class, so I can also use the Al Mourjan lounge.. Leaving HIA to the hotel, sleeping three hours and then having an hour or two to enjoy the lounge would be awesome. Not sure if my time is enough.
You should be fine I reckon. Immigration is easy IF you go to the transfer desk first (before the long escalator down) to get your yellow paper! Drive to the hotel (if it's the Oryx Rotana) is about 10, 15 minutes (they say 20 minutes when there's traffic, but at your times it should be fine. I drove to the airport today at around 6:30 am, and the streets weren't too full.)
Similarly, once back at the airport, business border control was easy and not crowded.

Lastly: They will put a boarding time 1 hour before departure on your boarding pass. What they actually mean is "Gate Opening", meaning they let you into the gate waiting area. So no need to actually be at the gate 1 hour before departure, you'll just end up waiting there instead of the lounge.

So, while you won't have much spare time, I think it might just about work.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: Aegean Gold, United Mileage Plus Silver, Privilege Club Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite (LTP)
On that trip I was flying economy. Just in case you want to check it out: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...otel-Doha.html
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by tuchop
My incoming flight is QR772 arrives at 23:00.. outbound flight is QR810, departs at 7.30. I'll be flying Business class, so I can also use the Al Mourjan lounge.. Leaving HIA to the hotel, sleeping three hours and then having an hour or two to enjoy the lounge would be awesome. Not sure if my time is enough.
I will be taking QR810 in October also but departure time is 7:50 from Doha. I will be arriving on QR1400 which lands in Doha 22:30. I think if they book you in Oryx Rotana then you wont lose much time reaching the hotel as it is very close to the aiport ( the old one).
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Originally Posted by tokyolyon
I will be taking QR810 in October also but departure time is 7:50 from Doha. I will be arriving on QR1400 which lands in Doha 22:30. I think if they book you in Oryx Rotana then you wont lose much time reaching the hotel as it is very close to the aiport ( the old one).
My flight was changed from 7.50 to 7.30 a couple of days ago. Maybe its just for my flight, or as of a certain date. It will be on february.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.