Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Poor new Business Class menu

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2014, 6:36 am

TokyoLon,

Many years ago it used to be two full meals, then it became 1 meal + indulgence. If it is indeed just one meal now then that is a disappointment for business class at this stage length, not something I would have expected from QR.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: Oneworld, Hilton, IHG
Food on Demand

Is everyone aware that a QR J flight is not one you will leave hungry/thirsty?

Don't think twice about "inconveniencing" the staff by asking for food when you are hungry. If you want a full meal with linens and all immediately after they cleared your last meal the staff wouldn't flinch.

I understand some of us are not good at asking for things and prefer them be offered.

QR offers more than I want, yet if there's something more I ask.

I have never experienced a feel of "cost cutting" thus far.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
No more fish?!? I realy loved the salmon and cod.
+1

I almost always order the fish or seafood option when flying J. Will be very disappointed if this is no longer offered regularly
Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:49 am
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by greyguy1
Is everyone aware that a QR J flight is not one you will leave hungry/thirsty?

Don't think twice about "inconveniencing" the staff by asking for food when you are hungry. If you want a full meal with linens and all immediately after they cleared your last meal the staff wouldn't flinch.

I understand some of us are not good at asking for things and prefer them be offered.

QR offers more than I want, yet if there's something more I ask.

I have never experienced a feel of "cost cutting" thus far.

Problem is, with the new combined menu, they don't carry enough meals to ensure everyone who wants brekkie will get a hot option. On last night's DOH to ARN, they had catered for half the (full) cabin wanting brekkie, but that wasn't enough: many left the plane hungry (myself included).

Funnily enough, my recent F flight with them was also undercatered. Cost cutting in J i can perhaps understand, but in F? I'll think twice before booking QR again. For indirects, there are better options in the premium market.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NYLON Boy
Cost cutting in J i can perhaps understand
Actually I'm not even ready to go that far. I don't think it is acceptable that one should leave a J flight hungry, especially on an airline which soft product is currently its main argument to provide passengers with an excellent service.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:44 am
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Actually I'm not even ready to go that far. I don't think it is acceptable that one should leave a J flight hungry, especially on an airline which soft product is currently its main argument to provide passengers with an excellent service.
Ah, but we didn't have to leave hungry: hey presto, we were offered the tortellini for breakfast! I'm sure that counts as a premium breakfast somewhere in the world ...

Last edited by NYLON Boy; Jul 26, 2014 at 8:49 am
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Ah, but we didn't have to leave hungry: hey presto, we were offered the tortellini for breakfast! I'm sure that counts as a premium breakfast somewhere in the world ...
It's always lunchtime somewhere, isn't it..

Quite disappointing to read that, hope they don't start making more and more cuts..
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
I had 8 flights with QR during the last 3 weeks. 6 in J and 2 in F. The flights were: Tokyo Narita-Doha-Tunis-Doha-Tokyo Narita and Cairo-Doha-Munich-Doha-Cairo. I didn’t see any service cut down. On the Narita flights there are more options in the indulgence menu (7 items to choose from). Whenever I said that I liked any of the dishes I had the crew immediately offered to give me a second service if I wanted. Both flights to Japan were almost full in J.
I then had a chance to try the new menu on the Doh-Muc route which was nice. You could get whatever you wanted at anytime of the flight. In all my flights I was never denied my choices. I got anything I requested with a nice smile. My only issue is with catering on Tunis flights which is another issue that I need to address to QR management.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Honestly, on a 6 hours flight only one meal is more than enough...
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:36 pm

Any idea of the red wine choices on the London-Doha route?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.