Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:51 am

In case there was any misunderstanding, it was just a light hearted post on my part, and lamenting the fact that we are still waiting with no information And "any better of an idea" was simply a reference to my guess that nothing has changed compared to last time, not to say that they are not qualified to give you information!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:41 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by stargold
In case there was any misunderstanding, it was just a light hearted post on my part, and lamenting the fact that we are still waiting with no information And "any better of an idea" was simply a reference to my guess that nothing has changed compared to last time, not to say that they are not qualified to give you information!
I realised it was light-hearted, but I do have to take offence to saying there has been 'no information'.

We have been given plenty of information...it's simply that 99% of it has been totally wrong
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Smile

[Edit: 9am, Krug located next to the sandwich bar, hidden away tho, ask for it.[/QUOTE]

Thank heavens !

On this, I think QR should institute a "Krug treasure hunt" for transit pax in HIA?

....Imagine..... a secreted bottle of Krug being found in amongst yellow teddy's folds?....!! (Ramadan excepted..)..
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:54 am

Programs: QR - Gold, EY - Gold
I am flying BKK-JFK in Y in Oct.
If I upgrade only the DOH-JFK part to J using QCredit.
Will I have access to Al Mourjan ?
Is it only for paid biz class or the upgraded tix will also do ?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:22 am

Upgrarded with Qcredits - you will get Al Mourjan access.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Silver
Now I have used the Al Sapphire (ordinary regular business lounge) twice.

At 1 a.m. - absolutely packed, nowhere to sit.
Then coming back from Japan at 4 a.m. empty, at 5 a.m.-6 a.m. completely packed again!

Is the lounge that busy lets say around noon?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: QR - Gold, EY - Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by stargold
Upgrarded with Qcredits - you will get Al Mourjan access.
Thank you, Stargold.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by rankourabu
No Al Sawfa,
No Krug,
No tour either, 8am filled up by 6:10am.

Edit: 9am, Krug located next to the sandwich bar, hidden away tho, ask for it.

There are maybe 10 people here now. Compared to the mad rush of 7am.
Can confirm the Krug. I'm here now, just asked for champagne and Krug was poured.

Asked about Al Sawfa upon entry and was told "we don't know when it will open." I fly back through in F on Friday, but I guess I will have to "suffer" through this lounge once again.

It's 1am here and it's dead in the lounge. A lot of people just left.

Last edited by skunker; Aug 4, 2015 at 4:02 pm
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:26 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by Ivanerr
Now I have used the Al Sapphire (ordinary regular business lounge) twice.

At 1 a.m. - absolutely packed, nowhere to sit.
Then coming back from Japan at 4 a.m. empty, at 5 a.m.-6 a.m. completely packed again!

Is the lounge that busy lets say around noon?
I was in the business lounge last Friday around noon and it wasn't too busy .
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
I assume you've been there for a couple of hours prior to 1am - was it as packed as everyone says it is?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Here at the moment - not too busy, but the restaurant upstairs looks quite active.

I asked the F entourage about the Al Safwa. No update from them, but they were apologetic that the lounge is yet to open. One of the entourage had looked after me in the past, and looked embarrassed by the delay in the opening of Al Safwa - she briefly mentioned the lounge was not yet to the 'standard expected by the Emir', but kept quiet when her colleague heard her.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:50 pm

Apresmidi you will be admitted to Al Mourjan for the DOH-JFK leg only. Access to Al Mourjan is based entirely upon the class stated on your boarding pass when departing DOH. It does not matter how you 'paid' for the ticket. There are thought to be some exceptions when arriving in F but they are not applicble to your journey.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:36 pm

- deleted

Last edited by N1Rotate; Aug 4, 2015 at 11:58 pm
Old Aug 5, 2015, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by skunker
Can confirm the Krug. I'm here now, just asked for champagne and Krug was poured.

Asked about Al Sawfa upon entry and was told "we don't know when it will open." I fly back through in F on Friday, but I guess I will have to "suffer" through this lounge once again.

What is the meal service like at 1am? Is it still ala carte?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by baggyred
What is the meal service like at 1am? Is it still ala carte?
The restaurant upstairs is always A la Carte as long as you ask for a menu - most passengers stick to the buffet option

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.