Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2014, 2:30 pm

Is there expected by late December to be a premium arrivals 24 hour lounge where I could say pick up my luggage from my flight around Midnight and then stay in the lounge for a 4 or 5 hours before checking into my Hotel room in that next early morning?
Old May 29, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum, HHonors Gold , TK Gold, MH Plat, QR Plat
Originally Posted by The Finn
First went to Oryx, was told to use Silver. Went there and was told all full, use restaurant. That time blood pressure measurement was giving HI HI alarm so went for a walk instead.
Wait...a QR Plat denied lounge entry??..hmm time to avoid QR during this period! Hello CX!
Old May 30, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond; SPG: Gold; UA Platinum; BA Silver; EK Silver
I'm sitting in the Oryx lounge now. Flying in Business to India, but denied entry to the QR lounge as I have no status yet on OW. Compensation was about $85 in Duty Free vouchers and 10,000 QR points. I was using my BA EC number for these flights, so did not have my QR number with me, but she said I could log in to the website and get the mileage credit. (Not holding my breath for that).

I walked across to the Oryx lounge and they charged $40 for entry. Overall, I don't think this is a bad deal, as I have lounge access plus $45 plus potentially 10,000 points.
Old May 30, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by freddo
Wait...a QR Plat denied lounge entry??..hmm time to avoid QR during this period! Hello CX!
I did send an email to [email protected], yet to receive any reply from them.
Old May 30, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass
QR Lounges at HIA

Hmmm, $85 and 10,000 sounds like a deal! Can buy a v nice bottle at Duty free.... Perhaps I should delist my QR FFP# from my booking next week and then do some retro claiming!!
Old May 30, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: A3,BA
Originally Posted by BoSoxinBkk
I walked across to the Oryx lounge and they charged $40 for entry. Overall, I don't think this is a bad deal, as I have lounge access plus $45 plus potentially 10,000 points.
Let me put that in context...

1 month ago:

A moment of silence please for the PT
Old May 30, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by jousis
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoSoxinBkk

Let me put that in context...

1 month ago:

A moment of silence please for the PT
Hear hear! See my other post on "Last flight out of DOH"
Old May 30, 2014, 9:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Well it's 0600 on Saturday morning here in Doha. I found the lounges - past the teddy bear and up the escalator. At the top of the stairs ladies check your access rights. Having initially been send to the First Class room I was refused entry with the line 'Bangkok is over there Sir'. In the Business Class section that is.

The Business Class section is packed - probably only 10-15 free seats with people occupying 2 seats sleeping under blankets.

After about 5 minutes I decided to give up and go to the gate. The agent who let me go to F found me and returned me to the lounge. Apology from the lady at the entrance - she had not seen the Emerald status on the Boarding Pass.

So First is also packed with only a few free seats around the TV at the moment. Food is dismal = cheeses, hams, muffins and some cereal and fruit. It is waiter service at least.

So, probably as bad a lounge as I can imagine for what claims to be a 5* airline. As my first Doha experience it's shambolic.

Last edited by Markie; May 30, 2014 at 9:19 pm
Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:38 am

Programs: QR Platinum, EK-Silver, SV-Gold
Flight on J mid June, also currently silver. What/which lounge should i expect to use? if any?

Inbound F, outbound J

Return leg:
Inbound J, outbound F
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: Privilege Club Gold/Sapphire
Flew from FRA to DOH Saturday afternoon. After reading all this, I asked specifically at check-in, and they said that they had been told I'd get into the lounge with my ticket. They did seem to have some kind of FAQ sheet in front of them, but I could not see details. When asking again, they simply repeated that they had been informed that I would get in with my ticket.

Reached the new DOH airport Saturday night at around 22:30. We did not dock to a gate, but had to use busses instead, and these were not the usual busses for Business Class, but normal busses and overcrowded.

After arriving at the terminal (which took a while due to a queue of busses waiting to drop off passengers, you go up an escalator and immediately get to security., There is a fast-track lane for Business/First, but it's not clearly visible. Just ask ground staff and they'll take you through (and they didn't actually ask to see a ticket, so I guess anybody could do this at the moment). This could save a lot of time during busy periods.

Then got to the main area with the escalator to the lounges. There were allowing some in, while turning others down, but I could not figure out what their criteria were - they let me up.

Upstairs they have a lounge check-in desk and the lounges are labeled as Business and First Class. I got into the Business Class Lounge at around 22:45, at which only few seats were still available.

I grabbed one next to a gentlemen who was sleeping and didn't dare leave my seat to get drink/food as I feared my seat would be taken upon my return. However, after a couple of minutes one of the waiters asked me I would like something.

The waiters were quite attentive and made the experience quite tolerable, but it's just nowhere close to the previous Premium Terminal Experience that I paid for. Not in terms of size, food selection, beverage selection or ambience.

My onward connection departed from a gate at the end of the "A" wing, and it takes you about 8 minutes to get there at a brisk pace - I could see some people needing 15 minutes to get to the end of that wing. I do not know how much bigger or smaller the other wings are.

Hope this helps as an update.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 6:59 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Temporary C lounge:

Temporary F lounge:

Both at 6am on a Saturday morning.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: QR Platinum, EK-Silver, SV-Gold
Thanks Markie

After seeing the temporary Lounges, I think, i might just have to fly emirates or etihad til this lounge issue resolved! especially when i will have a 5hr layover.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
What dining options are there outside of the lounges? Anything nice?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Just seen this on the BT forum:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/dis...hambles?page=9

first_class_please - 27/05/2014 05:42 GMT

Received an official presentation on the new HIA and lounges as follows:-

Qatar Airways lounges
Al-Safwa - 530 seats, First class ticket holders only
Al-Mourjan - 1,000 seats, Business class ticket holders only

First - 123 seats, Qatar Platinum, Gold and Oneworld Emerald
Business - 176 seats, Qatar Silver and Oneworld Sapphire

All Other Airlines
Oryx lounge - 155 seats. Can also pay QAR140 to enter this.

Seems to be very inadequate seating for card holders and for All Other Airlines.

Also Qatar Platinum = Oneworld Emerald, Qatar Gold = Oneworld Sapphire, Qatar Silver = Oneworld Ruby.

So QR card holders receive higher privileges than equivalent Oneworld card holders.
If this is correct, I guess OWE/QR Plat won't actually get access to the real F class lounge, but just a FF lounge...

Seems to fly in the face of the BT Aus article here though:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-first-...requent-flyers
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Currently in the F lounge courtesy of an F ticket to LHR, peak time more or less.

Entitlement is checked at the bottom of the access escalator then again at the entry desk. The lounge is busy but there are some spare seats. There's a glass ceiling at one end of the lounge which is located under one of the giant LED advertising screens which is continually updating, a bit annoying to be honest.

There are plenty of staff providing service for drinks, a small dining area with a soup & salad buffet & a small but decent looking a la carte menu available on request. The furnishings are OK but nothing special - I hope the 'real' F lounge for QR pax is an improvement!

Update; there are a couple of showers available, nicely fitted out but small in size. Good enough at the moment.

Also, I talked to the staff about the rest of the lounges opening. The existing F & J lounges will be the OneWorld lounges & QR Premium pax will have their own across the concourse.

Last edited by impeymac; Jun 2, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.