Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Shareholder

QUESTION: As a OW Emerald flying QR business next March, assuming the dedicated First Class lounge is open, will I have access to it, or will it be like the BA Concorde Room at LHR? I'd be flying F were there any F cabins on my flights from the US and SAfrica.
My guess -- and it is just a guess -- is that they won't pull a BA on this.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:02 am

My guess is that once Al Safwa is open, it will go back to being exactly like the PT arrangement. (Only the departing boarding pass counts, except when arriving on a long-haul F and connecting to J)
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:04 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Originally Posted by stargold
My guess is that once Al Safwa is open, it will go back to being exactly like the PT arrangement. (Only the departing boarding pass counts, except when arriving on a long-haul F and connecting to J)
Exactly what I was thinking so Nizar should prepare for disappointment. Note the following from the list of exceptions regarding OneWorld lounge access:

Qatar Airways Al Safwa and Al Mourjan lounges at Hamad International Airport in Doha and Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 4 are excluded.

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

I assume that once the Gold and Silver lounges are handed back for general use, QR will enforce F & J pax for the Al Safwa & Al Mourjan lounges respectively while status pax in Y will have the Gold & Silver lounges accordingly.

Last edited by Work-Shy; Oct 4, 2014 at 5:06 am Reason: Correction
Old Oct 4, 2014, 7:40 am
Lux

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The new DOH airport seems rather efficient so far for transit purposes, but the recurring water issues in the QR business lounge are not acceptable.
So efficient in fact, that this was the first time there was no security screening between my arriving and departing flights - in fact the first time since I've not been screened before flying since Newcastle (Australia) airport in September 2001. And I've flown more than 1.5m miles in between...

Originally Posted by Work-Shy
I assume that once the Gold and Silver lounges are handed back for general use, QR will enforce F & J pax for the Al Safwa & Al Mourjan lounges respectively while status pax in Y will have the Gold & Silver lounges accordingly.
Not that any of the lounges will be bad, compared with the grim Onyx places in the old terminal.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 7:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by Lux
So efficient in fact, that this was the first time there was no security screening between my arriving and departing flights - in fact the first time since I've not been screened before flying since Newcastle (Australia) airport in September 2001. And I've flown more than 1.5m miles in between...
None? Interesting.. Did you arrive at a gate that connected directly to the transit area or were you brushed through the screening-area without being screened?
Additionally: May I ask from where you arrived at DOH? Maybe they do that based on "secure" airports?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by zehbra
None? Interesting.. Did you arrive at a gate that connected directly to the transit area or were you brushed through the screening-area without being screened?
Additionally: May I ask from where you arrived at DOH? Maybe they do that based on "secure" airports?
Iam curious too, doing BOM DOH ORD in J. Two hours to connect. Will per screening etc chew up my time precluding a visit to the lounge ?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zehbra
At the old DOH airport they never used to screen pax originating from LHR between connecting flights - the bus just used to drop everyone off at the door after the security screening area straight into the terminal building. I only ever got screened at old DOH on my return journey home (when I was coming from South Asia normally).

I guess LHR was considered a "secure" airport then - maybe they're now rolling this out at the new airport too...?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by HMPS
Iam curious too, doing BOM DOH ORD in J. Two hours to connect. Will per screening etc chew up my time precluding a visit to the lounge ?
I've never yet been held up at security screening at the new airport. In my experience at least it's been straight through with 2 minutes wait tops (without using any fast-track lane). Others have reported longer queues at the very beginning of operations at new DOH but I think it's pretty well managed now.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
Where are silvers sent to these days?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by wandering_persian
Where are silvers sent to these days?
The Al Maha lounge for the time being (not to be confused with Al Mourjan).

Have a look at post 592 earlier in this thread for a review.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: AOPA
Al Mourjan lounges

Transit in J via DOH at 5 am a week ago, spend an hour at the lounge. had breakfast and drank couple glasses of Krug (had to ask, they have a few bottles behind the bar). definitely the best business lounge, service is good too.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:42 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by teddy25
Transit in J via DOH at 5 am a week ago, spend an hour at the lounge. had breakfast and drank couple glasses of Krug (had to ask, they have a few bottles behind the bar). definitely the best business lounge, service is good too.
Ah! Proving that it is always 5 pm somewhere
Looking forward to b/fast there.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
Originally Posted by HMPS
Ah! Proving that it is always 5 pm somewhere
Looking forward to b/fast there.
But QR would not give me beer or wine at that time of the day as if the alcohol is any different.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 6:39 am
Lux

Originally Posted by purple1addict
At the old DOH airport they never used to screen pax originating from LHR between connecting flights - the bus just used to drop everyone off at the door after the security screening area straight into the terminal building. I only ever got screened at old DOH on my return journey home (when I was coming from South Asia normally).

I guess LHR was considered a "secure" airport then - maybe they're now rolling this out at the new airport too...?
Well, that was never my experience when flying from LHR via the old terminal, but that was the only rationale I can think of. To be honest the screening at any of the Middle East airports is pretty sketchy compared with the UK, but probably no less effective.

And yes - this was off an LHR flight. Even so... I was surprised.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Lux
Well, that was never my experience when flying from LHR via the old terminal,.
QR consistency strikes again!!!

Will be interested to see what happens during my next transit through Hamad then (as since it opened I've been screened every time regardless of where I've originated from). I guess it would ease any remaining congestion if they don't require additional screening for all transit pax though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.