Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by zehbra
As for the lounge: Use the Al-Mourjan lounge. That's QRs Business class lounge, and by far the biggest and best at the airport at the moment.

As for the Service: It's called Al-Maha service. As far as i know, it's basically people meeting you at the aircraft, guiding you through security and dropping you off at the lounge. I think most normal travellers (i.e. non special-needs travellers) will manage without that
It's free for Gold/Plat. Might be using it when I visit Doha over a 20 hours stop over
Old Aug 11, 2014, 7:34 am

Al Mourjan lounge
WOW! Fantastic! Worth waiting for! The lounge is HUGE! But due to the subdued lighting and various areas having different furnishings is divided into cosy and almost intimate 'rooms'. I am overawed by it. I fully sunscribe to justforfun's comments but I think that the following comments are also required.

1) I know that the lounge has just opened but there is a distinct lack of signage. For example there is a plan of the lounge near the entrance and nothing else. The exit is unsigned and it only the one lounge plan that hints you are near the exit.
2) I am probably wrong, because I was not looking for them, but I cannot recall seeing any emergency exit signs.
3) The wall signs for various facilities, toilets, games room etc. are fine in daylight but I personally found they were very hard to see and read in the subdued evening lighting.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:36 am

How does the food compare (in quality/quantity) to the Turkish Airlines CIP lounge?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Are QR J pax allowed 1 guest? I'm meeting friend during layover but as OWE in Y no Al Mourjan access...
Old Aug 11, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: OWS, QR Gold, Kris, and a few others
For those who may be interested I got this response from QR in relation to my confusion over lounge options at HIA:

Thank you for writing to us.

Kindly be advised that our new Al Mourjan lounge is now available for all our premium class passengers travelling on Qatar Airways flights. The first class lounge (gold lounge) is for Female VIPs while the business class lounge (silver lounge) is for Male VIPs. The Oryx Lounge is intended only for other airlines and One World Privilege Club.

Thank you for the opportunity to respond and looking forward to welcome you on board our flights in the very near future.

Respectfully Yours,

Nelly Paunil
Officer Customer Care

I have to say that now they have introduced gender into the list of variables I am even more confused as a Gold PC member.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:29 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by Grogg
I have to say that now they have introduced gender into the list of variables I am even more confused as a Gold PC member.
What exactly is confusing? We have said numerous times that as Gold member you are entitled to Al-Murjan Lounge, if your in F or J in QR your entitled to Al-Murjan Lounge.

Unless you are traveling as a VIP, the former Gold and Silver Lounge are not applicable.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by sriegert
Are QR J pax allowed 1 guest? I'm meeting friend during layover but as OWE in Y no Al Mourjan access...
Nope. Only if your QR Gold or Platinum you are entitled.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: OWS, QR Gold, Kris, and a few others
Originally Posted by QatarA340
What exactly is confusing? We have said numerous times that as Gold member you are entitled to Al-Murjan Lounge, if your in F or J in QR your entitled to Al-Murjan Lounge.

Unless you are traveling as a VIP, the former Gold and Silver Lounge are not applicable.
Try figuring out the mix of coloured lounges (Gold and Silver), coloured status (Gold and Silver, which bear no relation to the coloured lounges it seems) gender (male and female), and whether you're deemed to be VIP or not. And this is before you consider the class of ticket you're travelling with.

Clear as mud from your website (assuming you work for QR).

Anyway. I give up and will head for the Al-Murjan Lounge as you seem to be advising me to do :-).
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
This is what I understood from the QR staff at HIA: All the lounge arrangements now are temporary. The First and Business lounges for frequent flyers will be back to normal status role entry once the VIP side of the Emiri terminal is functional. The Emiri terminal is now operational but with the ministerial side of it operating. The VIP side is still not finished yet. It will need about 2 more months to be finished; once finished all VIPs will be moved to the Emiri terminal. Hence, Business class lounge will be for privilege club silver and First class lounge will be for Gold ( I am talking about the ones on the 2nd floor which were used as temporary arrangement). No idea about Platinum though. Al Mourjan Lounge will be for QR and One world business class only once Al Safwa first lounge will be ready sometime around next month.

Last edited by tokyolyon; Aug 12, 2014 at 12:38 am
Old Aug 11, 2014, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by Grogg
Try figuring out the mix of coloured lounges (Gold and Silver), coloured status (Gold and Silver, which bear no relation to the coloured lounges it seems) gender (male and female), and whether you're deemed to be VIP or not. And this is before you consider the class of ticket you're travelling with.

Clear as mud from your website (assuming you work for QR).

Anyway. I give up and will head for the Al-Murjan Lounge as you seem to be advising me to do :-).
I dont work for QR; Im just a frequent traveller--although I am loyal to QR/OW

1. Your deemed a VIP if you are a member of the Royal Family, a cabinet member, or a are travelling as a guest of any member of government on a special mission. ^

2. I have posted my experience of traveling in Y and having Gold Card earlier and entering Al-Murjan Lounge two weeks ago. I think we should create a master thread sticky on this issue.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:21 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
The confusing bit is those pax being allowed entry to the Al Mourjan lounge directly contradicts the entry requirements stated on the QR website!

As Tokyolyon states, suspect this is temporary & the old PT rules will be back in fashion soon. I hope so anyway.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by tokyolyon
Al Safwa first lounge will be ready sometime around next month.
Is this information official? This is the first comment i read about the Al Safwa lounge with a time line....
I hope you are right so that the lounge is fully operational in mid October when i arrive.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:26 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by segra
Is this information official? This is the first comment i read about the Al Safwa lounge with a time line....
I hope you are right so that the lounge is fully operational in mid October when i arrive.
There is no official information. Its what I heared from the QR staff at HIA
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Originally Posted by segra
By Sept. 20th would be nice, or at least by Oct. 11th, not for any particular selfish reasons of course
Old Aug 12, 2014, 1:15 pm

What exactly is confusing?
As above, the gender specific rule appears to a new one. I can't recall it being mentioned here before, but stand to be corrected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.