Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Forgive me if this has already been answered:

I am flying LHR-DOH-DWC / DWC-DOH-LHR.

Do I have Al Safwa access on the outbound DOH-DWC (as ticketed in F), but not on the return DOH-LHR (as the inbound F is DXC-DOH and therefore does no qualify as inbound longhaul F)|?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
Forgive me if this has already been answered:

I am flying LHR-DOH-DWC / DWC-DOH-LHR.

Do I have Al Safwa access on the outbound DOH-DWC (as ticketed in F), but not on the return DOH-LHR (as the inbound F is DXC-DOH and therefore does no qualify as inbound longhaul F)|?
Correct. Al Safwa outbound and Al Mourjan inbound. Enjoy your flights
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by purple1addict
Correct. Al Safwa outbound and Al Mourjan inbound. Enjoy your flights
Thank you!
Old Sep 23, 2016, 2:06 pm

ba_cityflyer that is correct.
The access rules for Al Safwa are simple: Departing DOH in F. The only exception is arriving in longhaul F no matter the onward cabin class.
So you can use Al Safwa outbound DOH-DWC but not arriving on shorthaul F DWC-DOH.
If you can use Al Mourjan on your homeward flight depends upon the cabin class of the DOH-LHR flight.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 10:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by remdk
The only exception is arriving in longhaul F no matter the onward cabin class.
Although, as another flyertalker and I found, arriving in longhaul F after an op-up doesn't count. Still, for 620 GBP return in J, including an F sector with Krug, caviar, and delightful service, I wasn't complaining!
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:34 pm

templar42 thank you for pointing out my oversight regarding Al Safwa access.
When you are op-upped your ticket still shows the original cabin class and not that actually flown. Were you to 'purchase' an upgrade then your ticket would be updated to show the fact. Do you think that "The only exception is arriving in ticketed longhaul F no matter the onward cabin class." (Change underlined) covers the problem clearly enough?
What do others think?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:25 am

I am really disappointed about a substantial cut-down on the AM food offerings. The lunch buffet (as of 22 Oct) lost the extensive salad offerings (now minimal choice in portioned pots) as well as the appetisers.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:45 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
We will be arriving at 17:25 and depart 18:45 in QR J, a short transit. We would like to head for some shower. is the J lounge busy at this time of the day? Does one need to wait for a shower room? We need 2...
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:22 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Ausriver
We will be arriving at 17:25 and depart 18:45 in QR J, a short transit. We would like to head for some shower. is the J lounge busy at this time of the day? Does one need to wait for a shower room? We need 2...
The Lounges, in the afternoons and evenings, tend to be quiet until around 9pm, so you should be fine.

M
Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The Lounges, in the afternoons and evenings, tend to be quiet until around 9pm, so you should be fine.

M
Great.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Sorry if it seems like I'm repeating information already on this thread, I think I've got my head around these access rules, but just to confirm....

Next year as a Oneworld Sapphire member flying Qatar:

a.) KWI-DOH in Economy connecting to DOH-ATH (4h 50min) in Business would give me access to the Al Mourjan Lounge.

b.) KWI-DOH in First connecting to DOH-VIE in Economy would give me access to the Business Class Lounge only (which looks really busy from what I've seen!).

c.) KWI-DOH in Economy connecting to DOH-DXB in First would give me access to the Al Safwa Lounge.

Is that correct?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by headingwest
Sorry if it seems like I'm repeating information already on this thread, I think I've got my head around these access rules, but just to confirm....

Next year as a Oneworld Sapphire member flying Qatar:

a.) KWI-DOH in Economy connecting to DOH-ATH (4h 50min) in Business would give me access to the Al Mourjan Lounge.

b.) KWI-DOH in First connecting to DOH-VIE in Economy would give me access to the Business Class Lounge only (which looks really busy from what I've seen!).

c.) KWI-DOH in Economy connecting to DOH-DXB in First would give me access to the Al Safwa Lounge.

Is that correct?
Yep, all correct.

M
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Yep, all correct.

M
I did read the access isn't granted in First to the Al Safwa Lounge if flying in the Middle East region, that only applies to arriving flights, right?

PS, I forgot to add that these flights will be redemptions - I hope that won't make a difference.

Thanks for the quick reply msm2000uk ^
Old Oct 25, 2016, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
I did read the access isn't granted in First to the Al Safwa Lounge if flying in the Middle East region, that only applies to arriving flights, right?

PS, I forgot to add that these flights will be redemptions - I hope that won't make a difference.

Thanks for the quick reply msm2000uk ^
If arriving into DOH from an Intra-Gulf flight in F, and connecting to anything other than another F service, access to the Al Safwa will not be granted.

If arriving into DOH from a longhaul F flight, and connecting to any class on any QR service, access to the Al Safwa will be granted.

If departing in F, you will have access to the Al Safwa.

Complicated and tedious, yet the rules haven't changed for 12 months, so it seems they're going to stick...for the moment at least!

The redemptions issue wont make a difference, so no need to worry on that front.

Safe travels!

M
Old Oct 25, 2016, 3:09 am

Safe travels!
Thanks once again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.