Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Seats moved with change of aircraft - loss of bassinet seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

I'm travelling with my wife and 1yo on flight in a week from Melbourne > Doha then Doha > Warsaw with Qatar. We booked the flights in October last year and requested a bassinet seat on each flight. Qatar have then placed me in the row behind her and advised upon checkin they may be able to move me next to her. This was all fine until I just found out they have now changed the aircraft type that takes us from Melbourne to Doha from a 777-200 to a 777-300.
When I looked online at our seats we still have the same seat numbers 22F & 23F however these are no longer bulkhead seats where the bassinets could be. I can't call the Qatar office in Melbourne as they are closed for the entire Easter long weekend and I am now a bit worried I won't be able to get the seats changed back to the bassinet seat at the bulkhead and we will end up without the bassinet seat and not even sitting in the same row.

Why would Qatar also not update our seats when they change the aircraft type, seems very lazy to me.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT, Aussie branch

Have you phoned the local number? QR may have an office/people at Mel Airport, but may not be able to do anything. So just phone QR in Doha. Seat reservations are never guaranteed. For a 1 year are you sure you can have a bassinet seat? When do you leave?

Aircraft changes are not uncommon. Leaving the seat number the same is the easiest way and what I expect most airlines would do.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:00 am

Not a big deal. Try giving them a call on their various numbers throughout the world. If not successful over the phone, they can help you out at the airport. If not a bassinet seat, hopefully with an empty seat if the flight is not sold out. As long as you provide a smile to the agents, and the flight is not full, they will do their best to accommodate you.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by isaifan
Not a big deal. Try giving them a call on their various numbers throughout the world. If not successful over the phone, they can help you out at the airport. If not a bassinet seat, hopefully with an empty seat if the flight is not sold out. As long as you provide a smile to the agents, and the flight is not full, they will do their best to accommodate you.
Or, if you don't get through to them but don't want to wait until departure, call their main Doha number. ^
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Their number in Doha is +974 44496666
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your input. Managed to contact Qatar and they have moved our seats to the bassinet position again. Whilst leaving the seat number the same would be the easiest option it is certainly not best practice, would have thought airlines that claim to be 5 star would have better systems in place than whatever is the easiest option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.