Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR (Qatar) refurbished A330s with horizontal lie-flat business class seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
The reconfigured A332 comes in two versions, one is distinguishable by the 4th row being behind the galley and doesn't use the B/E Diamond seats. The second reconfigured A332 version uses the B/E Diamond seats and is not distinguishable from the seat map. For updated info, refer to the wiki on this thread.
Print Wikipost

QR (Qatar) refurbished A330s with horizontal lie-flat business class seats

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: Lost all status due to flying less to tackle the climate emergency
Be interesting to see which routes the refitted A330-200's are put on. Considering going London to Hong Kong on them in economy (twos all the way). Would be nice if they were updated with new IFE and mood lighting etc.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Originally Posted by mrblanco
Be interesting to see which routes the refitted A330-200's are put on. Considering going London to Hong Kong on them in economy (twos all the way). Would be nice if they were updated with new IFE and mood lighting etc.
The A330s already feature mood lighting - but yes, new IFE would be good.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: Lost all status due to flying less to tackle the climate emergency
Originally Posted by InternationalLiving
Ah that's good, i thought it was just 300's, I'm a big fan of a bit of mood lighting.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 2:02 pm

Ah that's good, i thought it was just 300's, I'm a big fan of a bit of mood lighting.
I could be mistaken - I can't remember the last time I took a night flight on a -200. Given that some of the -200s are more than 10 years old, perhaps only some of them have this feature at present...
Old Feb 17, 2014, 6:51 am

The A320 A7-AHT is now confirmed as refurbished. Why don't we have a sticky thread with a list of refurbished aircraft?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by N1Rotate
The A320 A7-AHT is now confirmed as refurbished. Why don't we have a sticky thread with a list of refurbished aircraft?
How did you know? so now we have 3 A320s with the new Business class seats which are: A7-AHR, A7-AHS, and A7-AHT.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:16 am

Tokyolon,

Checking seat maps. A7-AHT has been on the ground for about a week so I assumed it was reconfigured. Today its flying DOH-MXP so if you check the seat map for MXP-DOH you can see that its already reconfigured (economy goes back to Row 28 only). A7-AHU has not been flying for a few days now so it could be next. It seems like TUN is frequently getting the reconfigured planes which is good news for you!

That makes it:
A320: AHR, AHS, AHT
A332: ACA, ACD
A333: Not confirmed but possibly AEA, AEM, AEN

Also, the A330-300 A7-AEA doesn't appear to be reconfigured as per the seat maps. It is still showing first class. It would be great if anyone has flown any of the reconfigured A330s to give feedback.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Does anyone have any info wrt to the 330-200's currently flying the HKG route please?

Flying to HKG in the autumn & hoping the planes will either be the upgraded J or newer planes all together.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
Tokyolon,

Checking seat maps. A7-AHT has been on the ground for about a week so I assumed it was reconfigured. Today its flying DOH-MXP so if you check the seat map for MXP-DOH you can see that its already reconfigured (economy goes back to Row 28 only). A7-AHU has not been flying for a few days now so it could be next. It seems like TUN is frequently getting the reconfigured planes which is good news for you!

That makes it:
A320: AHR, AHS, AHT
A332: ACA, ACD
A333: Not confirmed but possibly AEA, AEM, AEN

Also, the A330-300 A7-AEA doesn't appear to be reconfigured as per the seat maps. It is still showing first class. It would be great if anyone has flown any of the reconfigured A330s to give feedback.
N1Rotate,

Thank you for all the info. Yes Tun is getting the reconfigured planes frequently. I am indeed so happy for that. I just wish if anyone who has flown on the reconfigured aircrafts can take some pics of the new seats and post them here.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Silver, Qatar Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by impeymac
Does anyone have any info wrt to the 330-200's currently flying the HKG route please?

Flying to HKG in the autumn & hoping the planes will either be the upgraded J or newer planes all together.
Flew QR on this route back on Dec 2nd. Was on the old A332 J seats with 170 degree recline. not very comfortable after the 4th hour, and I really couldn't get much sleep.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by InternationalLiving
My apologies for the incorrect information - I went on A7-ACC (A332) the other day, and it was the oldest of the fleet that I have travelled on. (The other A332 I have on record was A7-AFM; the other three A332 trips I'd taken were in 2010, and I don't have reg. records going back that far).
A7-ACC seemed a little ancient (well, now that I'm used to newer AC), and there was no mood-lighting, no QR-branded seatbelt buckle, a different (old-style, thicker) seat design, and smaller IFE screen, with the world's most annoying non-detachable remote that had all the controls backwards.

To make the flight worse, a COCKROACH crawled across my tray-table after meal service. Nice. Not that the food itself is much more appetizing than a cockroach these days...

On the plus side, I flew back in J on A346 (A7-AGB) and the experience was night-and-day better, so I guess that helps
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:23 am

InternationalLiving,

The mood lighting started with A7-ACE. A7-ACA, ACB, ACC, ACD, ACH don't have it.

ACH is the oldest frame even though it was delivered later.

By the way did you report the cockroach to the crew? a cockroach on board is taken seriously and a mouse will actually ground an aircraft.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 3:41 am

InternationalLiving,

The mood lighting started with A7-ACE. A7-ACA, ACB, ACC, ACD, ACH don't have it.

ACH is the oldest frame even though it was delivered later.

By the way did you report the cockroach to the crew? a cockroach on board is taken seriously and a mouse will actually ground an aircraft.
Ahha, I knew someone would have the answer. Thanks for the clarification.

I didn't, although I should have, especially as this was LHR-DOH... not like BKK where you might expect it. I know that in some of these places the aircraft have to be fumigated, but clearly if they did, it didn't work for this one. I should have snapped a pic first before killing it to get some free airmiles...
Old Feb 20, 2014, 7:55 am

N1Rotate. For info -

A7-AEM has not been refurbished. I flew in it yesterday.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:00 am

Nuff Said,

Thanks for the info, I have received the same regarding A7-AEA so that means that the only A330s that have been reconfigured are A7-ACA and A7-ACD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.