Wiki Posts
Search

seat selection on BA for pc members

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, QR
seat selection on BA for pc members

has anyone had luck with advance seat selection with their qr pc gold status - don't want to me stuck in one of the 2 middle club world seats - the ba website refers only to ba status - otherwise you pay $75/segment for advanced seat selection
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
All oneworld emeralds and sapphires should be eligible for free advance seat selection on BA. If it does not seem to work online then try calling BA to put your QR number in the booking and making the selection over the phone.

For what it's worth I don't think that I have ever more than once or twice seen a BA flight where window or aisle seats were not available when online check-in opens. However I have seen many flights where window-aisle pairs were not available.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
All oneworld emeralds and sapphires should be eligible for free advance seat selection on BA. If it does not seem to work online then try calling BA to put your QR number in the booking and making the selection over the phone.

For what it's worth I don't think that I have ever more than once or twice seen a BA flight where window or aisle seats were not available when online check-in opens. However I have seen many flights where window-aisle pairs were not available.
thanks - having been spoilt by 2-2-2 on qr, was very disappointed being stuck in the middle of the 4 in the 2-4-2 on ba club world last year - i guess i need to call because qr number is in the reservation and it shows me a fee when i try to select the seat, this could be a result of the early downgrade to silver on jan 1 rather than end of feb
Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
As you are Privilege Club Silver which is the equivalent of oneworld Ruby - rather than Gold (oneworld Sapphire) as you stated in your first post - you are not entitled to free seat selection on BA until 7 days before departure.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
As you are Privilege Club Silver which is the equivalent of oneworld Ruby - rather than Gold (oneworld Sapphire) as you stated in your first post - you are not entitled to free seat selection on BA until 7 days before departure.
me bad - gold till feb but down graded to silver on jan 1 with the one world merger - the flight is only 3 days away, booked on wed - i'll have my agent call ba if i am allowed seat selection in the 7 day window - thx
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:44 pm

I am also PC Silver - do I have to call BA when the 7 days window opens, or can I do this online as long as my PC number is registered in my BA-booking?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by heakja
I am also PC Silver - do I have to call BA when the 7 days window opens, or can I do this online as long as my PC number is registered in my BA-booking?
You can do it all online. BA's website is a completely different class to QR's ^
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:32 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
I have had cca 10 BA sectors since QR joined OW and not once I could select my seat online.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I'm QR Gold (oneworld Sapphire) and wasn't able to select my seat on BA until check-in. Despite my FF no being in the booking the whole time. Guess the BA website isn't yet geared up for QR pax
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:21 pm

Same experience. On BA forum, seems that you need to re enter using Finnair platform. I think I would call the hotline flight is 8 weeks away.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by tboons
Same experience. On BA forum, seems that you need to re enter using Finnair platform. I think I would call the hotline flight is 8 weeks away.
I have tried finnair.com few months back and QR wasn't an option in the dropdown menu. Has it changed since?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:30 am

yes, but still does not work for me.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Just to chime in, QR Gold, just had 4 sectors with BA in CE, and all seats got preassigned at booking time, but no way on ba.com to swap them later without paying BA for the pleasure.

-A
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by purple1addict
I'm QR Gold (oneworld Sapphire) and wasn't able to select my seat on BA until check-in. Despite my FF no being in the booking the whole time. Guess the BA website isn't yet geared up for QR pax
Did you (or anyone else) try calling BA? As PC silver, I was hoping to get to pick seat 7 days ahead
Old Apr 23, 2014, 2:16 pm

Calling BA works, if you disregard the average 90 minutes you have to wait before being able to talk to someone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.