Wiki Posts
Search

Good Qpoints-run deals in Asia?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2014, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Good Qpoints-run deals in Asia?

Any good Qpoints-run in Asia with MH, QR, CX, etc.?

I tried credited the SIN-KUL, KUL-SIN legs of an extra-cheap MH economy flight, and it earned 10 Qpoints each, which is at all not bad.

Any other ideas/experiences/deals to share?
Old Jan 5, 2014, 11:31 pm

What do you mean, ultra cheap?

MH fares promotion fares hardly get points on QR?

I think Singapore to Oslo at 850sgd for 60 qpoints is a good deal?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Flew a SIN-KUL-MNL ticket for just 200+usd RT (not bad at all for this route), the SIN-KUL-SIN part of which earned 20 Qpoints. Found it quite helpful, as I am just a few points short of a tier upgrade...

I agree that this is not a great bargain, but can be useful for very quick Qpoints runs I guess... Would appreciate other better ideas though...
Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:35 am

what's your booking class?

Surprising because sin-KL-sin does not give qpoints on qclass which is 180sgd.

290sgd can do sin-dps-sin 18qpoints.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 4:54 am

CX often has good deals from BKK. I was able to do BKK-HKG-ICN RT in J for 879 USD ai 2 weeks ago for 64 Qpoints and double miles.
It was a promotion fare through a CX email promo that I subscribe to. There were also many other Y and J fares available for Asian cities.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tboons
what's your booking class?

Surprising because sin-KL-sin does not give qpoints on qclass which is 180sgd.

290sgd can do sin-dps-sin 18qpoints.
Most SIN-KUL-Malaysia/Asia promo fares has B booking class for the SIN-KUL sector...
Old Jan 6, 2014, 5:28 am

no wonder my trip with MH was able to credit 200miles into my asia miles when i flew with them to KIX last year!

thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:55 pm

Programs: QR Plat, TK *Gold, SV Silver, HH Diamond
Sorry to bring this thread up from the dead. I was looking at SIN-KUL-SIN flights and even the MH Basic fares are booked in N class which doesn't feature in the Qcalculator tables. Those referring to this route here, must it be part of a longer trip? I'm looking for a decent quick earner of Qpoints ex-SIN. I hate this Qpoints/Tier Points rubbish. What happened to good old miles and percentage multipliers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.