Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Do you need to bring the credit card you purchased ticket with?

Do you need to bring the credit card you purchased ticket with?

Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:46 am

Programs: QF SG, AC, AA
Originally Posted by hightide
... credit card verification is a mandatory requirement only if you have used your credit card to purchase a ticket for someone else or you have used someone else's credit card to purchase a ticket for yourself
... submit the card holder's documents for verification within 48 hours of booking at qatarairways.com/cardpayment ... to avoid cancellation of your trip.
When I spoke on the phone with a QATAR Airways agent after buying a QR ticket for Mrs JROBIN with my credit card, I was told to watch emails carefully for a few days after purchasing a ticket as I might receive an email requiring use of the cardpayment verification website. Failure to respond would result in no valid ticket. He advised I could just be proactive and use the website without waiting for the request to avoid the possibility of losing the ticket, which is what I did.

After I purchased a business ticket for myself, I was sent an email to have my credit card with me at check-in or I might not be allowed to travel. I did the cardpayment verification for that ticket also, and later received an email that all was well. Will have to see whether I still have to show the credit card used to purchase the ticket.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I have just booked the flight ticket for my sister and I was about to pay by credit card, however I read the T&C of credit card payment first where they state the credit card holder has to be present for the whole journey... So I decided to pay via Paypal, as you don't have to agree to QR payment T&C.

Should I expect any problems?
Old Jul 6, 2014, 4:43 pm

When I pay with Visa and they do the online secure check thing (where you enter your online password) it shows up on the ticket and you aren't asked. This was confirmed to me when I bought a ticket, lost my card before my flight and had it replaced. I called them up and they told me that because I had done online secure verification it wasn't required to show.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: QR Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by hightide
On the Qatar website, they mention that they might want to see the credit card used to purchase the ticket. Is this so? or do they only check if the name on the card card used is different from the passenger's name?
I travel QR in the Middle East and Europe, I don't remember them checking my credit card.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by AliGotWings
I travel QR in the Middle East and Europe, I don't remember them checking my credit card.
They might never ask but based on what are others saying in this thread, they may ask for it and refuse check-in and or boarding.

Question is how do they treat Paypal payment, as by choosing this method payment T&C box disappears.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by stiwi
I have just booked the flight ticket for my sister and I was about to pay by credit card, however I read the T&C of credit card payment first where they state the credit card holder has to be present for the whole journey... So I decided to pay via Paypal, as you don't have to agree to QR payment T&C.

Should I expect any problems?
Responding myself. I contacted QR and they said the general rule for Paypal payments on behalf of someone else is that they do not require verification ^
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by jrobin
When I spoke on the phone with a QATAR Airways agent after buying a QR ticket for Mrs JROBIN with my credit card, I was told to watch emails carefully for a few days after purchasing a ticket as I might receive an email requiring use of the cardpayment verification website. Failure to respond would result in no valid ticket. He advised I could just be proactive and use the website without waiting for the request to avoid the possibility of losing the ticket, which is what I did.

After I purchased a business ticket for myself, I was sent an email to have my credit card with me at check-in or I might not be allowed to travel. I did the cardpayment verification for that ticket also, and later received an email that all was well. Will have to see whether I still have to show the credit card used to purchase the ticket.
If you don't mind sharing, what happened afterwards - did you still have to show the credit card even after doing the verification? Thanks.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:57 am

Programs: QF SG, AC, AA
Originally Posted by ed..
If you don't mind sharing, what happened afterwards - did you still have to show the credit card even after doing the verification? Thanks.
I honestly do not recall. I had the credit card with me so it would not have been a big issue, especially since I had already been alerted to their concern about credit cards.

Being told after purchasing a ticket that the ticket might be deemed invalid when I showed up at the airport to travel, however, was very disconcerting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.