Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar to fly to PHL

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2013, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Mannequin
@CaptainEKAirbus- Well, although Israel is considered Middle East, it's still part of Asia. USAir has daily non-stop from PHL to Tel Aviv.
Yes this is correct, sorry! I guess at the time I considered Tel Aviv more towards the European sides of things, plus Tel Aviv doesn't exactly provide the best connections for OTHER Middle Eastern destinations .
Old May 13, 2013, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Here the schedule:

QR727 DOH0100 – 0750PHL 77W D
QR728 PHL1040 – 0615+1DOH 77W D

Why leave from PHL at 10:40AM? It is too early morning. Some of those people who are sleeping during morning hours. I wasn't aware of it.
Old May 13, 2013, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by N830MH
Here the schedule:

Why leave from PHL at 10:40AM? It is too early morning. Some of those people who are sleeping during morning hours. I wasn't aware of it.
This makes things difficult as one has to take an extra day off and have tight connections. Most of QR's flights leave at night which is convenient.
Old May 13, 2013, 2:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by UA Fan
This makes things difficult as one has to take an extra day off and have tight connections. Most of QR's flights leave at night which is convenient.
This times nicely with both red eyes from the west coast and early AM (6 AM departures) from the midwest and east coast. It's clear they're intending on having this flight be fed by connecting US/AA passengers much like QR is doing today at ORD.
Old May 13, 2013, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jumpgate
This times nicely with both red eyes from the west coast and early AM (6 AM departures) from the midwest and east coast. It's clear they're intending on having this flight be fed by connecting US/AA passengers much like QR is doing today at ORD.
Why make passengers take two overnight flights. West coasters can take an early morning flight that will reach by evening. Midwest folks will take a late morning flight.
Old May 13, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Why make passengers take two overnight flights. West coasters can take an early morning flight that will reach by evening. Midwest folks will take a late morning flight.
It's still only one day lost to travel, compared with two days lost to travel if one flies from the west coast in the morning and connects to the ORD/IAD/JFK (evening) flights. I like the flexibility to choose either option.

I suppose that if one is going to the Indian sub-continent or east Asia, to which most flights leave at night, the ORD/IAD/JFK connection would be better to avoid a full-day layover in DOH.

Kind of like one of my favorite schedules -- LH to DXB. They have one overnight flight (MUC-DXB, DXB-FRA) and one day flight (DXB-MUC, FRA-DXB) in each direction to provide maximum flexibility.
Old May 14, 2013, 1:37 am

Passengers will able to connect from many cities in the US to QR's flight from PHL to points in Africa, Middle East and Asia that are not possible through QR's existing overnight operational pattern on USA-DOH flights. There is already a lot of demand for such connections.
Old May 14, 2013, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by N830MH
When IAH was launched the westbound sector was overnight and the eastbound was daylight. But that switched around not so long after the launch.

It will be interesting to see whether or not QR operates overnighters ex-DOH when they increase frequency to JFK and other American points.
Old May 14, 2013, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My parents live in PHL and are so glad to hear of this option except for the lousy timings. When EK first announced their flights to DFW I was happy only to hear the lousy schedule. Not only do I have to take an extra day off the connections at DXB are very long like 12 hours. At least they provide a hotel.
Old May 28, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EXP | US PLT | Marriott PLT Premier | IHG PLT
phl-amd will have 18+ hours layover at doh!!!
Old May 28, 2013, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joejoe666
Wonder if they provide a hotel.
Old May 28, 2013, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
In many cases, yes.

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond MR PLAT US Gold
I am at PHL
From PHL adding 15-18 hours ( or say 1 day ) extra to connect from/to Doha
Even if i fly out from JFK / IAD still adds few 3/4 hours each way
Not Happy at all with the schedule

- Rbn

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Originally Posted by joejoe666
Old Dec 10, 2013, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by rbnaidu
I am at PHL
From PHL adding 15-18 hours ( or say 1 day ) extra to connect from/to Doha
Even if i fly out from JFK / IAD still adds few 3/4 hours each way
Not Happy at all with the schedule

- Rbn
There was some speculation when this was announced that QR would add some additional banks that could potentially connect from this flt. I am not sure if that ever happened.

It is interesting that the PHL schedule is different than many of the other QR US flights.

I would think the key to this route would be the onward connections from DOH and not DOH itself.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by nova08
There was some speculation when this was announced that QR would add some additional banks that could potentially connect from this flt. I am not sure if that ever happened.

It is interesting that the PHL schedule is different than many of the other QR US flights.

I would think the key to this route would be the onward connections from DOH and not DOH itself.
Perhaps QR is targeting passengers connecting onwards with US from PHL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.