Search

QR DXB lounge.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2013, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
QR DXB lounge.

Hi folks,

Can anyone tell me which J class lounge QR uses in DXB?

I've done a search and found a QR lounge listing but it lists the DXB lounge simple as 'F lounge'. Does anyone have any further info?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 5:06 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
There's a lounge, affiliated or run by the airport hotel, for business class passengers of several airlines, near gate C8 I believe.

There is a separate first-class lounge, also shared by several airlines and run by the hotel, just below the hotel. This is the lounge that Gold members access (at least last time I was there, though I am waiting for them to change that). Most, or all, QR flights to DXB only operate with economy- and first-class cabins, so if you buy a business-class ticket DXB-DOH-XXX, then I believe that the DXB segment will be in F and you will access that lounge.

However, the business-class lounge does have a Qatar Airways sign on it, so they use it for some circumstances -- perhaps Silver members or those who get lounge access by virtue of having a credit card.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
I believe it is close to gate C14 in Terminal 1. I was travelling in economy but am QR gold last month when I used this lounge at DXB.

As mecabq said this is a shared lounge which plenty of other airlines use also.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 2:30 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Its the Dubai Civil Aviation lounge. They have a separate First and Business lounge depending on your class of travel.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:28 pm

Is the lounge located near the gate(s) QR uses?
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: KL G, QR G, MSL S
Depends - the DXB flights move around the C-gates. But in my experience the lounge has never been too far away, and the lounge attendants will also come and tell you it's time to go to the gate, usually conservatively early - you can hang on a few minutes more if you are enjoying the lounge.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Most QR services ex-DXB operate as F and Y without J. Only a tiny number operate as 3 cabin F-J-Y.

Bear in mind that even if you are connecting to J and are travelling on a ticket issued under a first-class fare you will still be able to access the F lounge at DXB.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 2:15 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
The lounge is actually one of the more depressing ones at DXB, especially late evenings/nights/early mornings. Better to time your arriving at the airport to minimize the time in the terminal, which works well if you only have hand luggage and can OLCI.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 2:42 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
The lounge is actually one of the more depressing ones at DXB, especially late evenings/nights/early mornings. Better to time your arriving at the airport to minimize the time in the terminal, which works well if you only have hand luggage and can OLCI.
The lounge is not pretty, but it is functional -- it has a shower (and they give you towels and amenities), clean restrooms, a full buffet, decent liquor selection, and internet. Plus ample seating; I have never seen it too full (though I am almost always on the 6:00-7:00am QR flights).
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
I have used it quite frequently, and i like it. Food is realy good, also the sushi..and good chairs for a nap upstairs.
Old May 1, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Sort of hijacking and sort of related - what's 200Kms between friends and still the same country.
I'm coming out of AUH in 1st (definitely for the first time, and probably for the last time - dictated by budget). I see from the Sticky, the lounge is the Al Reem Lounge.
How's your recent experiences in this lounge ?

Last edited by in2it54; May 1, 2013 at 3:20 pm
Old May 2, 2013, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by in2it54
Al Reem Lounge.
How's your recent experiences in this lounge ?
Excellent.

The decoration and fittings are appealing and of high quality. The buffet is substantial and delicious.

Definitely worth arriving a little earlier to experience this lounge.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver
What is the general verdict on the F lounge Qatar Airways uses in DXB? Worth arriving slightly early for to experience?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by IverTheCat
What is the general verdict on the F lounge Qatar Airways uses in DXB? Worth arriving slightly early for to experience?
I used the F lounge earlier this year. It was a mixed bag:

Pros: Possibly the best food selection i've seen in any lounge anywhere. Plenty of hot dishes, smoked salmon, ice cream, bakery items, sushi, not to mention the very full bar. Wonderful! The massive selection was even more impressive given it was 3am, and the size of the lounge...

Cons: Very small lounge, akin to a large sitting room. It's not a particularly nice place to lounge around for hours on end. The toilets were horrible, so much so I left to lounge to use the public ones. Staff were very apathetic.

So, apart from the food, the lounge is entirely unremarkable. If you fancy a pig out, then turn up without enough time to eat. I checked out the business lounge too...much larger, with a slimmed down catering choice. Ambience smiliar, although far larger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.