Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:25 pm

endet Oneworld only covers departure lounges not arrival lounges as per https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access. Since Aer Lingus is not a OW member and you are departing with them you will have no access to any OW lounge. in Frankfurt.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by remdk
endet Oneworld only covers departure lounges not arrival lounges as per https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access. Since Aer Lingus is not a OW member and you are departing with them you will have no access to any OW lounge. in Frankfurt.
Thanks for clarification remdk. I better book me then into a lounge as I have 4 hour lay over and can only spend so much time between the terminals.

At least I can down some german beers while waiting. Home sweet home.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:09 am

Hi
I had a ticket but the connecting flight was cancelled. Now they have made me a new ticket. But the problem is that in the itinerary they have added "H" as my middle name while I dont have any middle name. It was not there in the last ticket.

Will it be a problem.
The flight is LHE-DOH-PHL-ROA

Last edited by usmanone; Jun 25, 2016 at 12:25 am
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:06 am

usmanone welcome to flyertalk. I trust that you will find it helpful and informative.
This is the Qatar airways forum and I cannot see any QR connection in your query.

Generally most airlines permit a small number of typos in passenger names. If you are unsure then check with the appropriate Flyertalk forum and/or 'Major' airline on you ticket but it should be no problem.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 12:26 am

Updated the original post. The flight is Qatar Airways till PHL after that it is american air.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 3:43 am

usmanone thanks for the correction. This places QR as the Most Significant Carrier (MSC) so it is QRs rules that should be used. QR have stated that provided there is enough information to uniquely tie the ticket to the passport and there are no more than five discrepancies then it is valid.

Foe example Mr. A. Passenger has a ticket where his name is:-
A passenger, Apassenger, Passenger A or PassengerA are all acceptable
A pssaenger is acceptable
Passnger is acceptable
Passengder is acceptable
A regnessap is unacceptable even though all the letters are there!

In the system QR uses (Amadeus?) hyphens in names are not permitted so the name is split into two!
Double-Barrel would become Double Barrel. If it was a first name then Barrel would become a middle name and most likely not be on the ticket. If it was a last name then Double would become a middle name and the Surname on the ticket would be Barrel.
These are acceptable provided the passport name contains the hyphen.

The conclusion: you have absolutely no need to worry about it.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 5:58 pm

QCredits ??

When reaching Gold and Platinum tiers QR members receive 40/60 QCredits.

1) Is there a table somewhere hidden on the website that tells a member how many credits are needed for an upgrade on a segment / routing? The QCalculator function seems not to be much help here.

2) After a member reaches Platinum how often are QCredits topped off? Would a member staying Platinum year after year receive a new batch each anniversary? Would it be 100 ? or only 60 ?

Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:52 am

cplona welcome to Flyertalk. Most of the questions that you will have are answered on this Forum but sometimes a great deal of patient searching is required. I would recommend that you use the dashboard to start looking for information. There are a number of Wikis that many struggle to keep up to date and they are usually a good starting point.

1) if you use the Qcalculator https://qmiles.qatarairways.com/ffpo...Calculator.jsf then you can see the Qcredits required for a journey. You need to be logged into your PC account with Gold or Platiunum status to see Qcredits.

2) When you reach Gold you receive 40 Qcredits. These are valid for one year from when you receive them. If you retain Gold the next year you will receive 40 Qcredits, effectively replacing the expired Qcredits. If within a year you achieve Platinum status you will receive 60 Qcredits. This is in addition to the 40 for achieving/retaining Gold. Thus you can receive 100 Qpoints in a year. However When renewal time comes around If you qualify to retain your Platinum status then you will receive 60 Qcredits. You will NOT receive 40 Qcredits for Gold because you were Platinum the entire year.

Note that your renewal date is reset when you change status but the expiry dates of Qcredits are not.

Last edited by remdk; Jun 28, 2016 at 3:03 am Reason: Typo
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
As you can't see on Qcalculator how many Qcredits you need to upgrade, here are some examples for upgrading from eco to biz:
DOH-LHR 25 Qcredits
DOH-BKK 30 Qcredits
DOH-HKG 35 Qcredits
DOH-NRT 35 Qcredits
DOH-DXB 16 Qcredits (upgrade to regional first as J product is sold as F on regional flights)

It's more worthy to upgrade 2 legs at a time (if there's availability) :
LHR-DOH-BKK 40 Qcredits
LHR-DOH-NRT 40 Qcredits
But this works only for 2 connecting flights, not for a combination of outbound/inbound flights like DOH-BKK-DOH
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:42 am

QCredits

Thanks for your quick replies.

REMDK -- Since I am still a lowly burgundy I was not able to see anything about QCredit usage when using the QCalculator.
From your description of the renewal pattern it would seem to make sense to drop down to Silver. Wait a month and then build back up to Platinum again. The extra credits would be worth more than the miles foregone?

MATT4 -- Since there doesn't appear to be a master table your info was a quite useful substitute. It seems that the QCredits are not quite enough for 4 sectors. So they are a little less valuable than the SWU that we get as Exec Plats on AA. But close.

Again, I appreciate the info. Thanks.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:47 am

cplona on https://qmiles.qatarairways.com/ffpo...Calculator.jsf you should be able to select Gold or Platinum member level and then see the Qcredits required. I cannot be absolutely certain that this can be done since I have never fallen below Gold since Qcredits were introduced.

Due to the two different criteria for evaluation renewal (Points earned in one year and points earned in two years) I very much doubt that you could 'Drop back' to Silver and then regain Gold and then Platinum in order to earn 40+60 Qcredits. I suspect that is the reason for the two year rule.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: qatar gold
Can you access the A380 bar as a passenger holding a economy ticket but being Platinum FF ?

I'll be reaching the fabled last step soon and am looking at the "untold" perks. My colleague was allowed up at the bar a few times when asking nicely. Thx for the help.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:47 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by remdk
Due to the two different criteria for evaluation renewal (Points earned in one year and points earned in two years) I very much doubt that you could 'Drop back' to Silver and then regain Gold and then Platinum in order to earn 40+60 Qcredits. I suspect that is the reason for the two year rule.
No need to drop to Silver. The trick is to drop to Gold then to go back to Platinum to get 40+60 Qcredits each year ;-)
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:13 am

ostendadler welcome to Flyertalk and the QR forum. When looking for answers you will find the dashboard a good starting point.
The A380 bar is exclusively for premium class passengers only. Like so much else with QR, OW status, including PC status, does not mean anything.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:37 am

Matt4 What I said about Silver and gold in answer to cplona's specific question. The same applies to Gold and Platinum.
Also please remember that to Qualify for Platinum from Gold you need to earn 600 Qpoints within a period of 12 months to regain, not retain, Platinum. When you change status then your renewal date is reset. thus you already have 600 of the 1100 Qpoints required for Renewal and to drop back to gold you may earn maximum 499 Qpoints in the coming year. See http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...nts%20new.page for details.
A lot depends upon your flight needs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.