Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ilovemynikes
It's just curious from a demographic market perspective. The number of arabs/qataris that fly in and out of LA on a frequent basis is staggering. Thousands have summer homes here, hell even fly in for a week just to shop in Beverly Hills. It would just make sense to me that given LA is not just a second home to many, but also a wildly popular vacation destination that they would fly a better plane to/from, just from a customer experience perspective. But this very fact supports you claim about lighter loads.
The 777 will apparently be getting a new "Super J" product late this year (so probably middle of next year in reality ) and it may be that more premium routes like LAX will be chosen to receive the new product first.
Old May 20, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: QR Gold, EK, Accor, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold VIP, Delta
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

The 777 can swallow far more cargo than the other airframes.
It sure can. A Bentley going into the belly of a QR 777 in BKK.

Old May 21, 2016, 4:03 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by tomnativenewyorker
It sure can. A Bentley going into the belly of a QR 777 in BKK.

Very cool photo.
Old May 21, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Hi there,

I am looking for some award space for DOH-GOI flight. Dates from June 22 to
July 30 are completely blocked. (not a single seat available) Is this normal ?
Will these seats be released later ? I am seeing wide open flights in all classes
on Expertflyer during that time. Just do not understand what is so special about
that block of dates that they have not opened any award space....By the way
I am looking it through BA site and eventually will book via AA miles if it opens.

Any advice is appreciated..

F.A.
Old May 21, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Ramadan and Eid dates - very often any space is already gone.
Old May 21, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
Ramadan and Eid dates - very often any space is already gone.
Hmm...Sounds odd that the date before has lots of seats and suddenly for
a month there is absolutely no seat...Flights are wide open so it is not
like there is lot of traffic..

F.A.
Old May 23, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Etihad Silver
Really stupid questions about J class

I've recently booked a few flights using my Qmiles and I am going business class for (almost) the first time ever. My only other experience of business class was on a short DOH-AUH hop on Etihad, when the crew member asked me what I wanted to eat and drink and I was thoroughly confused by the lack of menu and made a bit of a pratt of myself. I don't want to repeat that again!

So I am keen to know what to expect from QR. The flights will all be in Ramadan.

The legs are:
AUH-DOH (which has been swapped for a 787 according to latest My Flights update).
Voluntary overnight stay in Hamad Airport because the flight times suited me better - hoping to find somewhere to rest in the business lounge
DOH-EBB (A320)
EBB-DOH (A320 again).
Another voluntary overnight stay in DOH as hoping to catch up with some friends there
DOH-BHX (B787)

So, I presume when they ask what you want to drink, you can choose anything? Is there a wine list?
Likewise the food - I understand you can choose when to eat? Will there be a menu to choose from? And how many meals will be served? If I get hungry between meals, can I ask for food?

And my final stupid question - if the seats make up lie flat beds, does it affect the person behind me? Can I make mine into a bed any time, or is it only during night flights? Does the flight attendant have to do it for you?

Last edited by SinkOrSwim; May 23, 2016 at 11:13 am
Old May 23, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Etihad Silver
Originally Posted by flyalways
Hmm...Sounds odd that the date before has lots of seats and suddenly for
a month there is absolutely no seat...Flights are wide open so it is not
like there is lot of traffic..

F.A.
It's the end of Ramadan - a hugely busy time for QR
Old May 23, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by SinkOrSwim
I've recently booked a few flights using my Qmiles and I am going business class for (almost) the first time ever. My only other experience of business class was on a short DOH-AUH hop on Etihad, when the crew member asked me what I wanted to eat and drink and I was thoroughly confused by the lack of menu and made a bit of a pratt of myself. I don't want to repeat that again!

So I am keen to know what to expect from QR. The flights will all be in Ramadan.

The legs are:
AUH-DOH (which has been swapped for a 787 according to latest My Flights update).
Voluntary overnight stay in Hamad Airport because the flight times suited me better - hoping to find somewhere to rest in the business lounge
DOH-EBB (A320)
EBB-DOH (A320 again).
Another voluntary overnight stay in DOH as hoping to catch up with some friends there
DOH-LHR (A380)

So, I presume when they ask what you want to drink, you can choose anything? Is there a wine list?
Likewise the food - I understand you can choose when to eat? Will there be a menu to choose from? And how many meals will be served? If I get hungry between meals, can I ask for food?

And my final stupid question - if the seats make up lie flat beds, does it affect the person behind me? Can I make mine into a bed any time, or is it only during night flights? Does the flight attendant have to do it for you?
Hi SinkOrSwim,

Welcome to the QR Forum.

Might I recommend having a read through the QR Dashboard - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...dashboard.html

You'll find many of the answers you require within, including a specific Ramadan guide which was put together by a number of FTers.

I hope you enjoy your upcoming flights on QR.

Safe travels,

M
Old May 23, 2016, 11:18 am

Hey folks, which Y seat in B777-300 does not have a seat in front of it? Seatguru shows 12D but QR Seatmap selection shows 12G.
Old May 23, 2016, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by boarding_pass
Hey folks, which Y seat in B777-300 does not have a seat in front of it? Seatguru shows 12D but QR Seatmap selection shows 12G.
If only there was a Seating Guide, painstakingly put together by yours-truly.

Oh, wait...http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...seating-q.html

Safe travels,

M
Old May 23, 2016, 11:30 am

Thanks buddy! Was trying to use the Search function but seems "12D" is too short!
Old May 24, 2016, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
12D is too short, but "12D" will get you results! For this specific search, showing the results as posts rather than threads will probably be more useful...
Old May 29, 2016, 12:08 pm

For flights to/from US, each passenger gets 2 checked baggage. What's the additional benefit for QR PC Gold/Oneworld Sapphire? I assume no extra baggage/weight?
Old May 29, 2016, 1:54 pm

boarding_pass it is clearly stated "Enjoy additional 15 kgs or 1 piece on flights marketed and operated by Qatar Airways." on http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...20Members.page. This is for QR PC Gold and Platinum only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.