Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:07 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by sc82491
Thanks for the response. I've got a few flights coming up, all in J. Flights: QR10, QR556, QR943, and QR5.
QR10 = No Pjamas.
QR556 = Possibly, but there have been mixed reports.
QR943 = No Pjamas.
QR5 = No Pjamas.

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Does anyone know QR's policy on refunds and/or changes based on schedule changes?

My AMS-DOH-BKK ticket has just been changed, so instead of a 3hr layover in DOH I now have 55mins. The big issue is I was supposed to be meeting a client during that layover, and now I can't.

Will this be enough for them to waive the €300 (or whatever it is) cancellation fee on the ticket if I choose to cancel and rebook on a slightly different routing?
QR will not refund you based on such a small change, however, depending on your ticket type, you may be able to make a change. There are quite a few flights daily to BKK, but I presume you are on the 01:55 flight to BKK - in which case the next one is the following morning.

I appreciate 55mins is a short connecting time at most airports, but MCT at DOH is 35mins, so you've got plenty of time. As such, QR will likely charge you the change fee.

With regards to your meeting, QR are unlikely to be sympathetic.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:18 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
QR will not refund you based on such a small change, however, depending on your ticket type, you may be able to make a change. There are quite a few flights daily to BKK, but I presume you are on the 01:55 flight to BKK - in which case the next one is the following morning.

I appreciate 55mins is a short connecting time at most airports, but MCT at DOH is 35mins, so you've got plenty of time. As such, QR will likely charge you the change fee.

I'm on the 02:15 to BKK. I wouldn't call a 2hr change to departure time a "small change". But thanks for the advice, I figured they'd likely not be too sympathetic. This is the biggest concern for me when deciding whether to stick with BA or move to QR for mileage accrual; GCC carriers I have always found to have no 'wriggle room' on issues like this.

For comparison, BA have changed/cancelled flights for me on schedule changes considerably smaller than this one.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Hi Everyone,

I am looking at flying Doha-Baku-London with two separate tickets.

Doha-Baku on QR

Baku-London on BA

I do not need to leave the airport in GYD just transfer, will the staff in DOH be able to check my bag all the way through to London?

If not, does anyone know if there is a transfer desk at GYD that could re-tag my bags? I do this all the time via BAH and the staff there are exceptional but I have never been to Baku before.

Should the answer be no to all the above, does anyone know how long it takes to get a transit visa issued at the Embassy in Doha? I am hoping to fly Friday and can go to the Azerbaijan embassy on Sunday morning if that is enough time.

Thanks,

usuallydowntheback
Old Nov 20, 2015, 1:46 pm

I'm on the 02:15 to BKK. I wouldn't call a 2hr change to departure time a "small change". But thanks for the advice, I figured they'd likely not be too sympathetic. This is the biggest concern for me when deciding whether to stick with BA or move to QR for mileage accrual; GCC carriers I have always found to have no 'wriggle room' on issues like this.

For comparison, BA have changed/cancelled flights for me on schedule changes considerably smaller than this one.
Hi Wozza

Which flight have they changed (the ams-doh or doh-bkk). We are doing AMS-DOH-BKK in a couple of weeks, and nothing is showing as changed on our itinerary. We still arrive in DOH (from AMS) at 23:15 and leaving again at 01:55. So just wondered when you were flying and which they had changed?

Cheers
Old Nov 21, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm looking for First Class award tickets on Qatar Airways DOH-LHR. At the moment I can only find seats on the A330. Do Qatar release F award seats closer upon departure or am I completely out of luck?

Also is there any possibility for a 3rd daily A380 frequency to London? In that case should I book the A330 and hope for it to be upgraded to an A380 in July?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just had all my pre-existing seat reservations changed automatically at OLCI and now my previous choices are gone or blocked.

Is this normal, should I expect them to come back?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:09 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by Schwann
Just had all my pre-existing seat reservations changed automatically at OLCI and now my previous choices are gone or blocked.

I have had that problem before - flight turned out completely full and the reserved seat was indeed lost. Might be worth to ask again at the gate though.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Schwann

Was there an aircraft swap? Had you checked Manage My Booking on the QR website at all prior to OLCI?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Was there an aircraft swap? Had you checked Manage My Booking on the QR website at all prior to OLCI?
Managed to find out why!

Turns out my flight LHR-DOH (on the A380) was so lightly loaded that they blocked off the forward two economy sections.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:04 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Saeagle
Hi Wozza

Which flight have they changed (the ams-doh or doh-bkk). We are doing AMS-DOH-BKK in a couple of weeks, and nothing is showing as changed on our itinerary. We still arrive in DOH (from AMS) at 23:15 and leaving again at 01:55. So just wondered when you were flying and which they had changed?

Cheers
The AMS-DOH leg has changed. Rather than the 23:15 arrival, it is now 01:20.

Weds departure from AMS, next June.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:55 pm

Saeagle please read the "Massive change of schedules starting on 27-MAR-2016 ?" thread to understand what Wozza2404 is talking about. Your flights will be unaffected before 27-MAR-2016.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
Saeagle please read the "Massive change of schedules starting on 27-MAR-2016 ?" thread to understand what Wozza2404 is talking about. Your flights will be unaffected before 27-MAR-2016.
Cheers Remdk. Makes sense now.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 3:08 am

Spoke to them on the phone and I've been promised a full refund.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 3:21 am

Spoke to them on the phone and I've been promised a full refund.
Perhaps they have upped their customer service!

Glad to hear QR were able to resolve your issue.

Do keep us updated in terms of when you receive the refund - purely as a data point.

Safe travels,

M
Old Nov 28, 2015, 8:29 am

Hi, could I find out if QR gives the Armani kits out in all J flights, or only those above a certain duration/distance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.