Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danger
Is there a list of the QR fare codes/buckets available? I'm particularly interested in the award buckets for each class.
Redemptions booking into the following classes, viz---
Z for the First class cabin
U for the business class cabin
X for the economy class cabin

This is standard oneworld practise although some airlines do use different codes
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Flyn
@Nuff Said - can you help me out with advice as per my recent post in this thread regarding booking reward flights with Qmiles on QR? I've collected an awful lot of miles but have never redeemed any so any advice is appreciated!
Reply deleted.

Last edited by Nuff Said; Oct 15, 2015 at 9:33 pm
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EY Silver, EK Gold, MPC - Green
Changing flights

Hi QR Folk,
First time flyer in QR Long Haul J having given up on EY due to constant aircraft changes. Ironically my flight on 10 Nov - QR16 has disappeared so I have been rebooked onto the early flight (sadly from a 787 to a 777).

Anyone think I have much chance of requesting to get on the 380 earlier in the day or am I stuck with the old 777 metal

Please be gentle - I searched a bit and saw lots of differing opinions on this
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:01 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, SAS, Krisflyer, Royal Orchid Plus
Ok... So I need some help understanding the family account thing :-)

I am Burgundy, and I would like to add my wife, mother and daughter to a Family account in order to consolidate all earned miles into my account. We currently have around 25k points in each account (my daughter does not have an account as she is under 12).

I emailed Privilege Club, and they are telling me to transfer miles from all accounts to mine, and then close my wifes and my mothers account...
My question is; Do they not need individual accounts in order to earn miles?

I am a bit confused :-)
Old Oct 8, 2015, 3:13 am

Tracebuzta think very carefully about changing your families membership.

How often do your wife, mother and daughter travel on QR? If infrequently then a family membership might be the best solution.
A family membership means that you will accrue the miles but at a reduced rate! This varies according to your (The main member) membership level. 25% of base miles for Burgundy (entry level), 50% of base miles for Silver and 100% of base miles for Gold and Platinum. Note that the ticketing class percentages are then used as is normal and that no tier bonus miles are added.

Take into account that transferring miles costs USD13-15 per 1000 miles.

If you decide to change to a family membership then your daughter may be included as a member and possibly earn miles. All members will be issued with a membership card and number that should be used on all bookings, at check-in etc. The membership numbers will be linked to, and visible from your account.

Family members do not earn Q-points and their existing Q-points will be lost.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
I keep reading over the internet how QR 1st class on the A380 isn't up to par with other airlines in terms of service and experience - and it's going down too.

Is it worth flying on F?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:40 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by jubbing
I keep reading over the internet how QR 1st class on the A380 isn't up to par with other airlines in terms of service and experience - and it's going down too.

Is it worth flying on F?
I wouldn't have it at the top of my list. Obviously it depends on what is most important to you when you say experience. Do you mean IFE? Food? Lounge(s)? Aesthetics of the cabin? Amenities etc...

People will have different experiences however in my experience flying F on the QR 380, I can tell you the service while not terrible, wasn't as good as the likes of EK, QF or EY and it was no where near the service of the likes of CX or SQ on any first class cabin. Once again, this is my experience only - I don't know what others may think.

It is common knowledge QR are phasing out first class. AAB (QR CEO) has said that eventually there will be no F cabins on their aircraft. At the same time, QR do have a very good business class product - so it is easy to see why they may be putting less focus on their first class services. I'm not saying that this actually is happening - but rather it may be happening and may be noticeable - thus why the perception out there that QR F is going downhill.

At the end of the day I would say that YES, it is worth experiencing F on the QR A380 - but I don't think you'll find it better than other top F products when you compare all aspects of flying F.

Hope I have helped and not confused you
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by HB7
Hope I have helped and not confused you
Nope, crystal clear - I'll be trying out both EY Apartments and QR F in a span of 11 days - so will be happy to see the differences

Although I'll also have one leg in EY F (777) vs QR J (787) to compare so that'll be fun.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:44 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
I'm just a random idiot who bought a business class ticket MIA-DOH-KTM. Will I be allowed to use the lounge? Are there business class lounges or is it just for first class? I'm in a state of overwhelm at the moment. Thanks if anybody can send me a link. Also, do they REALLY check to be sure all of your electronics are charged? Seems it would take all day just checking my devices alone... I have so many. Suggestions welcome. Oh, one more thing. There's an overnight layover in DOH. Is a hotel room included? Clearly I'm very confused but I'm in a terrible time press at the moment, and if someone could help point me to the right links to answer these questions it would save endless hours of frustration. Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:28 pm

peachfront Here are links to answer some of your questions.
Lounge access If you look at http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/lounges.page ant the WIKI on QR Lounges at HIA thread you will have the answers you need.

With regard to accommodation provision see the WIKI on the What exactly is the QR STPC policy? thread. There is also a hotel inside the airport in Doha.

Security checks in Doha are cursory and electronics need not even be removed from your hand luggage
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
peachfront Here are links to answer some of your questions.
Lounge access If you look at http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/lounges.page ant the WIKI on QR Lounges at HIA thread you will have the answers you need.

With regard to accommodation provision see the WIKI on the What exactly is the QR STPC policy? thread. There is also a hotel inside the airport in Doha.

Security checks in Doha are cursory and electronics need not even be removed from your hand luggage
You're an angel, thank you. I'll call tomorrow about the transit hotel but glad to know there's a hotel if they laugh me off the phone.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:38 pm

one more stupid question

There are 100s of posts in the lounge thread. I am glad to know there is Krug and Johnny Walker Blue but what I really want to know is it open 24 hours if I can't get the transit hotel, which it sounds like they're highly likely to squirm out of based on the transit hotel threads... ? Sorry to ask so many questions. I usually do my own research but there simply is no longer enough hours left for me to do that this time, thanks to my flights being cxl'd and rescheduled to a completely different airline and transitting a completely different part of the world. Thank you for understanding.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:14 am

peachfront Al Mourjan, as well as all other QR lounges are open 24 hours. Some posts have noted that from 2-5 am. the range of food in the restaurants is limited due to cleaning.

http://www.qatarairways.com/dk/en/lo...l-mourjan.page is the address for Al Mourjan lounge. Many have commented that the Quiet cabins are noisy, not private and uncomfortable. There are quiet areas that are relatively quiet. In my opinion the furnishings are all modern but are more for show not comfort. There are many positives with the lounge and the webpage describes them. I am just adding some the negatives to give an idea of what to expect as a passenger in transit.

There are two areas of showers in the lounge. The area near the buffet restaurant on the main floor have very small queues.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold.
Deleted

Last edited by JAT74L; Oct 16, 2015 at 8:39 am
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:29 am

thank you!

OK, cool. The lady I just spoke to with Qatar said she is actually setting up a transfer hotel for me so I guess I'm covered however it works out. Looking forward to it!

Originally Posted by remdk
peachfront Al Mourjan, as well as all other QR lounges are open 24 hours. Some posts have noted that from 2-5 am. the range of food in the restaurants is limited due to cleaning.

http://www.qatarairways.com/dk/en/lo...l-mourjan.page is the address for Al Mourjan lounge. Many have commented that the Quiet cabins are noisy, not private and uncomfortable. There are quiet areas that are relatively quiet. In my opinion the furnishings are all modern but are more for show not comfort. There are many positives with the lounge and the webpage describes them. I am just adding some the negatives to give an idea of what to expect as a passenger in transit.

There are two areas of showers in the lounge. The area near the buffet restaurant on the main floor have very small queues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.