Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Old Jun 25, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Calchas
Not as far as I am aware! All pax under the same PNR must have the same itinerary down to the booking code.

Of course the only sources I can find for this are from FlyerTalk

But I'm happy to be shown to be wrong, always looking for new airline knowledge
I'm sure I've spoken to people on-board where the adults were in J but the kids were in Y, all on the same booking. But I have to admit my memory isn't the best, especially when alcohol enters the equation , which could well have happened, but I can't remember...
Old Jun 25, 2015, 5:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, BA Gold
Thank you all

We are definitely on a different booking, so i'll just have to work around it. Also, on a side note, 8 of our friends are travelling on the same PNR with 40kgs allowance each in Y. I'm guessing they'd be able to pool allowance?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by impeymac
As far as I'm aware it's possible to have individuals flying in different classes on the same booking.
Originally Posted by Calchas
Not as far as I am aware! All pax under the same PNR must have the same itinerary down to the booking code.
It is certainly not possible on BA which is why you have to split a PNR if one person wants to upgrade. QR might have a different way of handling this but likely it is the same.

PNRs can be "linked" with a TCP note which some might assume makes it the same booking but is normally only useful in keeping groups of people together on the same flight in case of IRROPs.

Last edited by Steve_ZA; Jun 28, 2015 at 12:49 am
Old Jun 28, 2015, 4:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, BA Gold
If one person on a group booking is unable to travel for medical reasons, is it better to no-show or cancel? Will it affect the others in the group who are still intending to travel? Booked via TA, so is it better to go through them or QR?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, SQ Silver
Compensation

Originally Posted by danielbk
Hi everyone,

I just had my first set of flights with QR and am not sure what is the proper procedure for this:

On the outbound flight (full fare J) the IFE did not work (in my seat only) despite the crews best efforts. LHR-DOH 787. The flight was entirely full so no IFE the entire flight.

On my return flight, (Full fare First) two seats were broken (won't go into bed mode) causing me to have to change seats three times (thankfully there was space. it was an A340 DOH-LHR

Who do I contact and does QR compensate in any way? (i'm BAEC, not QR program). I was a bit surprised that there was no guidance from the flight crew of who to contact, or pro-active service recovery.

p.s, the other segments, doh-bkk and back were wonderful in all ways, J to BKK and F on the a380 return. will post trip report when I can.

Advice appreciated!

Thanks

Daniel

The last time this happened to me was on SQ J class. They were full, so no change of seat possible and no upgrade as no F class flight. They immediately gave a SGD $300.00 voucher for duty free for that flight for the lack if IFE. Write to the PC team - they are quite responsive and see if they can give you something back for that. Look forward to hear the outcome. I am on QR Platinum and they do treat you quite well.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:44 pm

Hello,
Does it exist a list of all the lounges in DOHA? And with requermetns to get inside?

And, i will be traveling on economy with a silver card soon. Which lounge can i use?
And what about PVG? Is there a lounge for silver members?

Last edited by danielah; Jun 30, 2015 at 1:38 am
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:42 am

Threads
QR Lounges at HIA (Multi-page thread and Qatar Airways' one hundred lounges
contain the information you require IF IT EXISTS!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:49 am

Does Qatar allow booking tickets using Qmiles + cash option if I don't have enough miles ?

Edit: Never mind. I got the answer after looking navigating through a bunch of different options on the Qatar site
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Ranjeetv
Does Qatar allow booking tickets using Qmiles + cash option if I don't have enough miles ?

Edit: Never mind. I got the answer after looking navigating through a bunch of different options on the Qatar site
Can you please post the link
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:09 am

omg, i am so confused. What is Qatar Airways Business Class Lounge? is this the Al maha lounge?

And can i get aceess to the Al Mourjan Lounge with SIlver card? The internett says different things all the time.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by danielah
omg, i am so confused. What is Qatar Airways Business Class Lounge? is this the Al maha lounge?

And can i get aceess to the Al Mourjan Lounge with SIlver card? The internett says different things all the time.
If, as has already been suggested, you look at the 'QR Lounges at HIA' thread you will find that a lot of people have put a lot of hard work into gathering the best possible information. The WIKI alone will answer your questions. It is, as of 20MAY15 the most complete set of information. There was an updated post just two days ago which is already out of date.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:37 am

I would to understand what does it mean by Y and J?

EDIT
Nevermind. found the answer
F or P for First Class, J or C for Business, and Y for economy

Last edited by w2106; Jul 2, 2015 at 2:54 am
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by w2106
I would to understand what does it mean by Y and J?

EDIT
Nevermind. found the answer
F or P for First Class, J or C for Business, and Y for economy
Yes that is correct, but there are one or two more ... well many more for Economy: http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...ge?mid=4&sid=1
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Yes that is correct, but there are one or two more ... well many more for Economy: http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...ge?mid=4&sid=1

whoa thats too much to remember.

I'll just stick with FJY for now.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: LH HON
Just received an upgrade offer and upgraded the first leg of a flight. Now I wanted to upgrade the second leg but the website says this flight has already been upgraded and doesn't let me to anything. Is there any way to upgrade the second leg afterwards or did I just lose my chances?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.