Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: SAS EBD, QR Platinumr, HH Gold, Intercont Platinum Ambassador,CC Gold
Possible Statusmatch?

I have booked a 6 leg flight with QR this summer, and hold 100 Q-tier point.
Is there anyway QR will match my EBD-Eurobonus Diamond?
Old May 16, 2015, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by giantreesemar
If I calculate the Qpoints correctly, it is enough to get me to Silver. Either 155 or 178, depending on the exact booking codes. It is ALSO enough to get me 450 tier points in BAEC, for Bronze (and only 150 TP away from Silver). For BAEC, I'd have to take on a cheap $100 RT from AUH-MCT, conveniently a BA flight for some reason. Two of those to get Silver.
Please be aware of the fact that BA Silver corresponds to QR Gold. For BA Bronze, you need 2 sectors on BA, and for BA Silver 4 sectors on BA.
Old May 19, 2015, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
New to Qatar and on a paid booking. Who wants to tell me what this really means? I'm seeing it on two separately paid bookings for two different travelers.. One had to have payment verification, one did not

"Mandatory information has not be filled yet for the primary travel document. (4726)"

Other than someone to fix their grammar, what do they need from me, and how do i give it to them?
Old May 20, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by Kreative03
New to Qatar and on a paid booking. Who wants to tell me what this really means? I'm seeing it on two separately paid bookings for two different travelers.. One had to have payment verification, one did not

"Mandatory information has not be filled yet for the primary travel document. (4726)"

Other than someone to fix their grammar, what do they need from me, and how do i give it to them?
My brother lives where you're from!

I think it means that the traveller has to fill out his or her personal information such as date of birth, passport details, ect...
Old May 20, 2015, 6:46 am

I was surprised to see that QR baggage allowance is 40kg for my economy(o) ticket!...anybody got this before?
Old May 20, 2015, 6:59 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Are you perhaps QR silver? (Tier perk +10KG)
Old May 20, 2015, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Are you perhaps QR silver? (Tier perk +10KG)
No, I am just Burgundy....
Old May 20, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
Originally Posted by QatarA340

I think it means that the traveller has to fill out his or her personal information such as date of birth, passport details, ect...
The only personal information it will allow me to provide via MMB is frequent flyer information, contact information, and emergency contact information. Where do i go to give them the rest?
Old May 21, 2015, 4:33 am

Hopefully someone can advise.

We are returning from Bangkok in December to Amsterdam, and then onto the UK.

I havent booked the UK sectors yet, but before doing so, wanted to check whether I would be able to book my luggage all the way through from Bangkok to London, but with the london leg on a seperate BA ticket.

Our flight is due to arrive in Amsterdam at 12:50 and the BA flight leaves at 14:40. I am just concerned that this would not leave us enough time if we had to collect baggae and re check in?

I therefore thought that if it could be checked all the way through to London and not collecting etc, we would have plenty of time.

Otherwise, I will just book the easy jet flight later in the afternoon.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by bsound
No, I am just Burgundy....
Wow! Which route is this? OneWorld Sapphire gives you +15 kgs.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by timid_trnchcoat
Just got off a QR J flight DOH-PHL where IFE remote was not working. They tried rebooting just mine several times, then others before rebooting the entire plane's system, to no avail. It was about 2+ hours before I was given another seat with working IFE. Apparently half the J cabin IFE was not working but they did everything possible to revive it. Should I ask for compensation?
I reported a case like this before via Tell-Us and was offered Qmiles.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by zehbra
In my experience it really really depends on the route (or maybe on the amount of Emerald/Sapphire members..) and maybe also on the crew.

For example: on flights to Chongqing/Chengdu where there probably are not many FF members on board, I got greeted from the moment I hit silver, and can't remember an instance when they didn't greet me and ask for meal preference.

On flights to and from Zurich however, I have been greeted maybe twice, out of one or two dozen flights or so (as QR Gold/OW Sapphire).
Then again, my most memorable experience was on a ZRH flight where the purser came by every 45 minutes or so to ask me personally if I needed anything to drink or eat and if everything was alright...

While I'm not a fan of the whole "thank you so much for flying with us" speech, I do really like this coming by and asking if anything is needed, could be made the standard, please ^
In between toilet break, I had a glimpse of a seat plan posted at the galley where the note the orders for J passengers. I saw labels Platinum and Sapphire at the very least (so I assume they acknowledge OW and QR status). Of course the purser normally has an iPad to track everyone's FF status and say hello before take off (in case the flight is not busy).
Old May 21, 2015, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Man_Utd_Fan
Never been on QR so maybe you all can help me out. I'm a BA Silver flying CPH to BKK in J. On the way there it's pretty straightforward, but on the way back I have a long layover. The flight gets in @ 11 pm and leaves the next day @ 2 pm for CPH. Question I have is... 1) What is a good place to crash overnight there? I seem to remember there was a hotel owned by QR or something attached to the airport. Is that a good option? 2) I'm guessing as I am a OWS and in J I'll have access to all the lounges minus the F ones correct?

1. Assuming you are not eligible in STPC (I assume not as there are plenty of BKK-DOH flights), you can try the Airport Hotel. They have hourly rate IIRC. You'll have access to the fitness center and pool in case you still energy to do so!

2. You'll have Al Mourjan lounge access as you're flying J regardless of OW status.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by tomdelay
Hello.

I will be flying QR for the first time in September. Flying in J, ARN-DOH-SIN on 787 and A350. Very excited.

Do any of you regular QR fliers have any tips on maximising the experience?

Thanks!
Hopefully there's Krug at Al Mourjan! Dining in J is personalized so you can order and change the sequence as you prefer. Sometimes I start with breakfast!
Old May 24, 2015, 3:58 am

Programs: BA - GL, Disgruntled ex LH HON
Quick Question

Hi everyone,

I just had my first set of flights with QR and am not sure what is the proper procedure for this:

On the outbound flight (full fare J) the IFE did not work (in my seat only) despite the crews best efforts. LHR-DOH 787. The flight was entirely full so no IFE the entire flight.

On my return flight, (Full fare First) two seats were broken (won't go into bed mode) causing me to have to change seats three times (thankfully there was space. it was an A340 DOH-LHR

Who do I contact and does QR compensate in any way? (i'm BAEC, not QR program). I was a bit surprised that there was no guidance from the flight crew of who to contact, or pro-active service recovery.

p.s, the other segments, doh-bkk and back were wonderful in all ways, J to BKK and F on the a380 return. will post trip report when I can.

Advice appreciated!

Thanks

Daniel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.