Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:51 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Buttercup38
Anyone know?
What I know is they pulled out completely out of LGW, I don't see why they would go back. I guess EK is dominating there.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:07 pm

how are loads from doh to yul anyone know mid feb?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:41 pm
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Hello QR experts.

I've never flown QR before, but am considering them for a few upcoming trips. So some questions for those in the know:

(1) Are award seats generally available in all classes or, like QF, are J and F award seats very scarce? Does being QR-Gold help with award availability?

(2) Does QR status match against top-tier in other FFPs?

Any other recommendations for a QR Privilege Club newbie?

Thanks,

hgp

Last edited by hgp; Jan 15, 2013 at 4:58 pm
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by hgp
Hello QR experts.

I've never flown QR before, but am considering them for a few upcoming trips. So some questions for those in the know:

(1) Are award seats generally available in all classes or, like QF, are J and F award seats very scarce? If you are asking about first class QR only has a couple routes with first class (DOH-London, DOH-Paris, DOH-Frankfurt I think). The couple of times I have search for business class I was not able to find an award ticket at the base redemption value. Meaning at least one leg was double the normal q-points.Same was true for Y at least one leg was double the normal redemption value.

Does being QR-Gold help with award availability? The website states as gold you should receive better award availabilty but I don't know how you can confirm this to be fact or not.

(2) Does QR status match against top-tier in other FFPs? No, Nope, never, won't do it!

Any other recommendations for a QR Privilege Club newbie?

Thanks,

hgp
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP | US PLT | Marriott PLT Premier | IHG PLT
i just booked IAH-AMD-IAH, economy, Feb 6 - Feb 16

the flights are:
IAH-DOH (77L)
3hr hault
DOH-AMD (A320-100/200)

AMD-DOH (A320-100/200)
3.5hr hault
DOH-IAH (77L)

1) i have no status with QR, this will be the 1st time i am flying with them. i will be trying to get miles on US air at 50% rate due to economy seats
2) seat recommendations? seat guru basically says they are all the same except a few.
3) seat guru says there are power ports. are they US power ports? also, is there a USB power connection to charge my iphone?
4) anything special i need to know about DOH airport?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
FFPs to credit QR flights

I may have some QR flights coming up this spring (before the OW integration) - where can I credit the flights outside QR's own FFP?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 3:58 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I may have some QR flights coming up this spring (before the OW integration) - where can I credit the flights outside QR's own FFP?
Welcome to QR Wilco

I think many of QRs partner programs have been discontinued in anticipation of joining OW. This threads says AA will credit QR flights, but I have no first hand info. I suspect you have AA?

Last answer from AlexCM only listed the partners that will earn on PC, but you may want to look up if any of them are reciprocal partners.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks - it seems that I could earn only on US (AA doesn't list QR as partner yet)

I may just fly with BA this spring (they do give a load of Avios for Gold members travelling in l/h C ^) and give QR a spin once they're "in"
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:18 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The claim (non-authoritative) in the thread is QR will start earn on AA from 26 feb.

... and it seems US only credits award miles, not status miles.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:33 pm
SST

Does a connecting passenger have to re-check in at IAD?

We have UA award tickets from the US to DOH and beyond. Can UA issue QR boarding passes at our originating airport? Or do we have to go to the main ticketing area at IAD? How about luggage interlining? Anyone done this? Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:36 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by hgp
(2) Does QR status match against top-tier in other FFPs?
I have never flown QR. I asked for a status match, and was given it.^
Old Feb 13, 2013, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm still eyeing QR

How is DOH? I'd have two options, either a 55 min or a 7 hr connection (BKK-DOH-AMM) inbound in C, outbound in F (amazing prices!!) Is it worth taking it easy in the Premium Terminal, with spa and dining, or just rush on to the tight connection? Or even getting out to town?

Also maybe the wrong forum to ask - QR vs EK vs RJ? All in C

RJ flies direct, EK via DBX and QR via DOH - but the last 3 hrs leg on QR would be in F. Pricewise EK and QR the same, RJ some 400$ more expensive, but earning me BA TP's and Avios. Flew this route on RJ only.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:40 am
SST

Will answer my own question. Qr uses VS lounge at IAD and you can go straight there, they can issue QR boarding passes upon entry. We didn't test interlining baggage, as we had only carry-ons.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:46 am
Moderator, Finnair

I'm still eyeing QR

How is DOH? I'd have two options, either a 55 min or a 7 hr connection (BKK-DOH-AMM) inbound in C, outbound in F (amazing prices!!) Is it worth taking it easy in the Premium Terminal, with spa and dining, or just rush on to the tight connection? Or even getting out to town?
As one FT'er to another, I think you should choose the long layover, at least if (some part of) the purpose with the trip is to sample QR.
For my personal taste 7 hours is a bit too long for any lounge, though. Especially since the last hop (DOH-AMM) is a short one. On the other hand, outbound leg in F will open up the F lounge for you (PT has two sections, and F lounge is strictly for F pax)

I think the PT lounge is good ( I am not a fan of the big words).
The scale of it is maybe on the big side, having somewhat the feeling of a gym hall, yet packed at rush hours. But it handles it quite well, and you can find different sections with different settings. Also, several different food spots, from snacks to table dining (buffet style, though).

Do note that you will be stuffed like a turkey on board, so you might not have an appetite for dining in the lounge. I am usually on a 4-6 hours layover in DOH but don't eat that much.

Also maybe the wrong forum to ask - QR vs EK vs RJ? All in C
Haha, planning on starting a flame-war? EK has quite a fan base on the QR fora...

No personal experience, but the sane choice would be RJ, for direct flight and TPs.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:29 am

I'm still eyeing QR

Or even getting out to town?
Don't think you would be much impressed with going out to the town. Doha offers the usual for most middle east cities; souq and dune bashing. Not worth a stop over unless it is not an option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.