Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: SPG, BAEC, MR
Can I take advantage of this?

My fiancé and I are getting married in Thailand. About 20-30 of our party are flying QR out of Manchester.

Any way I can leverage this? I had hoped to claim everyone's QMiles for myself but it looks like I'd be charged $15/1000 miles which makes it pointless.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jcpeden
My fiancé and I are getting married in Thailand. About 20-30 of our party are flying QR out of Manchester.

Any way I can leverage this? I had hoped to claim everyone's QMiles for myself but it looks like I'd be charged $15/1000 miles which makes it pointless.
Congratulations.

You can arrange for a group fare [and you should, as otherwise you may find that there are not 30 cheap seats for sale on the aircraft]. 20-30 is not otherwise commercially significant to QR.

As with all frequent flier programmes, the miles accrue to the person who sits in the seat, not the purchaser or arranger of the ticket. You can pool up to 9 people's miles in a family account, with proof of your familial relationship with them.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 4:28 am

Programs: SPG, BAEC, MR
Thanks for the input. From what I can see, my guests should be able to redeem Avios rather than QMiles on the flight and then gift these to me (up to 27000 per person).

Any charge for doing so?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jcpeden
Thanks for the input. From what I can see, my guests should be able to redeem Avios rather than QMiles on the flight and then gift these to me (up to 27000 per person).

Any charge for doing so?
Yes. (By redeem do you mean earn?)

Code:
Charges for transferring Avios
(Charges include any taxes applicable)
Number of Avios points
                 	GBP	USD	EUR	CHF
0 to 999 	Transfer of Avios points is unavailable
1,000 to 6,000 	        25.00	45.00	30.00	45.00
7,000 to 12,000 	65.00	110.00	75.00	110.00
13,000 to 18,000 	100.00	170.00	115.00	170.00
19,000 to 24,000 	140.00	230.00	160.00	230.00
25,000 to 27,000 	175.00	290.00	200.00	290.00
Rules: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:16 am

How can i see what my booking class is?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by danielah
How can i see what my booking class is?
If it is for a flight you have already paid for then the E-Ticket and booking confirmation both have a "Class" column, the booking class is the letter in brackets e.g First (A)
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:16 am

Congratulations on your forthcoming nuptials.

Are you paying for all your guests' flights?

If not, then it is a little selfish to expect them to transfer their hard earned Avios to you when you have chosen to marry in Thailand, and they have decided to fly to support you on your special day. Surely it is up to them to get the benefit of the Avios points to fly to a destination of their choice?

If you are paying for their flights then I will be quiet...
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:24 am

Hello flying people.

In a few weeks I'll be flying economy to Phuket from Manchester via Doha. Originally the flight from Doha to Phuket was meant to do a stopover in Kuala Lumpur for a while but since then the schedule has changed (twice) and now the flight to Phuket is direct from Doha but with a 7.25 hour stopover in Doha.

Just wondering if, in your experienced opinions, it'd be worth contacting Qatar Airways to see if we can get access to a hotel or free access to the airport lounge. I realise they put you up in a hotel if it reaches the 8 hour mark but I was hoping they might take pity seeing as it's so close. I realise I'm probably very naive to think this.

Also they've changed the plane from DOH to HKT from an Airbus 330 to a Boeing 787 which apparently has no legroom whatsoever so if we can't get access to something comfortable during the time between flights we'll be looking at 14hrs of misery.

Cheers!
Old Feb 10, 2015, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Kobidog
Hello flying people.

In a few weeks I'll be flying economy to Phuket from Manchester via Doha. Originally the flight from Doha to Phuket was meant to do a stopover in Kuala Lumpur for a while but since then the schedule has changed (twice) and now the flight to Phuket is direct from Doha but with a 7.25 hour stopover in Doha.

Just wondering if, in your experienced opinions, it'd be worth contacting Qatar Airways to see if we can get access to a hotel or free access to the airport lounge. I realise they put you up in a hotel if it reaches the 8 hour mark but I was hoping they might take pity seeing as it's so close. I realise I'm probably very naive to think this.

Also they've changed the plane from DOH to HKT from an Airbus 330 to a Boeing 787 which apparently has no legroom whatsoever so if we can't get access to something comfortable during the time between flights we'll be looking at 14hrs of misery.

Cheers!
Hi Kobidog and welcome to FT.

Unfortunately schedules do change and with QR they seem to change more than most, including the aircraft swaps at short notice.

I don't think they will offer you anything on the connection as even in business class your lay over would need to be more than 8 hours for any extra assistance.

There is paid lounge access via Al-Maha at HIA which I haven't used but perhaps someone who has can fill you in on the details or you can email [email protected]
Old Feb 10, 2015, 6:41 am

Cheers, Steve.

Wasn't really optimistic about any sympathy so I think we'll just have to see if we can a) get into the lounge, b) go to the "quiet room" and try to have a bit of a kip*, or c) both.

* not sure how we'd make sure our hand luggage was safe while we're sleeping unless we take it in shifts.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:41 pm

Cheers Steve.

I did write a better, earlier reply but it's being held hostage in some moderation queue for some reason.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:04 am

Silly question: Is the food, drink, alcohol all complimentary in the Doha business lounge?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by WindowSeat87
Silly question: Is the food, drink, alcohol all complimentary in the Doha business lounge?
Correct, the champagne is too

ETA: As you seem to be looking forward to your flight and DOH lounge experience perhaps this review would be helpful
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...a-airport-doh/

Last edited by Steve_ZA; Feb 11, 2015 at 2:21 am
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Correct, the champagne is too

ETA: As you seem to be looking forward to your flight and DOH lounge experience perhaps this review would be helpful
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...a-airport-doh/
Hello again Steve!

Thank you for confirming, I saw some reviews but never saw any costs. Unfortunately, I cant drink "fizzy" drinks due to my IBS, do they have a good selection of wines and whisky? (both lounge and in-flight?)

I am very much looking forward to my journey (home lol) and I love flying as it is. Thank you for the link, i'll have a read now!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA, QR
I can't get a response from the Qatar Airways Customer Service in The USA, even after speaking to their office in Doha. This was regarding a request to cancel my bookings for medical reasons. Can anyone help me contact their global Marketing team (phone or e-mail) to see if I can get a written response to my request?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.