Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
I'm looking for a little clarification here... I'm trying to book a ticket from BKK to PHL for a friend. QR's website says that flights ex-US have a 24hr hold period and flights TO the US have a 24 hour refund option.

So I called the QR reservation center here in the states and they said that does not exist and to email the ecommerce website team which I'm doing now.

Does anyone have any experience doing something like this within the US? I tried searching but couldn't find any information. I'm curious to know so I don't incorrectly book the wrong tickets. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: hyatt hotel,fourseasons hotel,qatarair,sixt platinum
Smile rebooking

Dear qatar,

Two weeks ago.
I booked round trip from maldives to Frankfurt and back to maldives from milan.
For 2persons with my wife, business class.

And i received ad mail for 25% discount from qr.
I can save 3,500usd if i rebook my trip.

it possible to cancel my first booking for rebooking?

Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by divian
Dear qatar,

Two weeks ago.
I booked round trip from maldives to Frankfurt and back to maldives from milan.
For 2persons with my wife, business class.

And i received ad mail for 25% discount from qr.
I can save 3,500usd if i rebook my trip.

it possible to cancel my first booking for rebooking?

Thanks

Well it depends what your fare rules say. I think you can--they will take 100$ cancellation fee.

What I would recommend is first asking if you can cancel your ticket, then immediately purchasing the new tickets, and then refunding your first ticket.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:14 pm

Any idea how far in advance Qatar release award seating?

Looking at various flights next year and there seems to be a heap of availability - (Say Doh->LHR) up until about mid-June and then nothing afterwards. However it isn't as though there aren't any QR flights available - some from Doh to Kul as an example.

Just wondering whether they work on a "355 day in advance rule" or just perhaps lump a couple of months worth at a time
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by baggyred
Any idea how far in advance Qatar release award seating?

Looking at various flights next year and there seems to be a heap of availability - (Say Doh->LHR) up until about mid-June and then nothing afterwards. However it isn't as though there aren't any QR flights available - some from Doh to Kul as an example.

Just wondering whether they work on a "355 day in advance rule" or just perhaps lump a couple of months worth at a time
In my experience QR releases seats close to a year out.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Arrivals Lounge in Transit

Hi all

First time on QR since that old 747 out of Gatwick in the 90's.

I'm flying SIN-LHR with a 10 hour transit in Doha. The flight arrives at about 5am into Doha. I am travelling in J and am OWE

My question is - can I use a lounge in the airport on arrival for a few hours before I venture into Doha for an explore?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Conflicting ITA Matrix and KVS info: which is correct?

Hi:

I'm looking to book flights from LHR to ICN on QR. I'm seeing conflicting availability:

ITA Matrix shows availability in I:

London (LHR) to Seoul (ICN) - Sun, Oct 12

Qatar Airways(Q.C.S.C) 4 Dep: 3:05PM Arr: 11:50PM 6h 45m Airbus A380 Business (I)
Layover in DOH 1h 25m
Qatar Airways(Q.C.S.C) 858 Dep: 1:15AM Arr: 4:00PM 8h 45m Boeing 777 Business (I)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FARE AND BOOKING DETAILS

Provide this information to a travel agent to help them match the fares found.
Make sure to provide the exact booking and fare codes shown.

Fare 1: Carrier QR IPE6MGB LON to SEL GBP757.50
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code I
Covers LHR-DOH (Business), DOH-ICN (Business)

Yet, KVS shows the flight as pretty much sold out in everything but Y:

[KVS Availability Tool 7.4.1/Diamond - Availability/FS/US]

LHR London Heathrow UK [EGLL]
ICN Seoul Incheon Intl KR [RKSI]
SUN 12 Oct 2014

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C St Availability
--------- ------ ---- -------- ---- -------- --- -- -----------------------------------------------------------------------

QR 4 LHR 15:05 DOH 23:50 388 F0 P0 A0 J0 C0 D0 I0 Y9 B9 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0
-> QR 858 DOH 01:15 +1 ICN 16:00 +1 77W J0 C0 D0 I0 Y9 B9 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0

Which is correct?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mccorry
Which is correct?
Both could be correct, availability depends on Point of Sale (which is the city in which the booking office is based). ITA by default uses the origin; I think KVS sources its information at NYC. An easy test would be to set the sales office field (its an advanced option) on ITA Matrix to NYC and see if it still prices.

It's also possible that ITA has problems; certainly I've noticed a few in the last month. Can you reproduce the price anywhere else?

-----------

My question: sorry if this has been asked multiple times, I did have a google. I have a reward booking in J from OTP to SOF on QR 219. I would like to be sat in 1A which is presently blocked but empty according to ExpertFlyer. I am oneworld Emerald (by virtue of being BA Gold). Can I reserve 1A by phone or do I need to wait until check in opens?

Thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 8:52 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by mccorry
I'm looking to book flights from LHR to ICN on QR. I'm seeing conflicting availability:

ITA Matrix shows availability in I:

Yet, KVS shows the flight as pretty much sold out in everything but Y:

[KVS Availability Tool 7.4.1/Diamond - Availability/FS/US]

Code:
LHR  London Heathrow UK [EGLL]
ICN  Seoul Incheon Intl KR [RKSI]
SUN  12 Oct 2014

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -----------------------------------------------------------------------

QR         4       LHR   15:05     DOH   23:50     388      F0 P0 A0 J0 C0 D0 I0 Y9 B9 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0
 -> QR     858     DOH   01:15 +1  ICN   16:00 +1  77W      J0 C0 D0 I0 Y9 B9 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0
Which is correct?
Availability shown via the KVS Tool is more accurate.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by peterdudas
No & Oryx rotana
Thank you!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:30 am

Refund and cancellation

Hi all,

Question from a first-time flyer who has mistakenly booked tickets for the wrong dates (booked my return on 9 Dec instead of 9 Jan). I bought my tickets under promo fares, so I am unable to cancel my booking. Changes can be made at $150 though, so I'm looking at some damage limitation.

I do not wish to do a change of date for the return flight as I'll probably have to top-up more than $400 for the change of date. So I'm looking to cancel and do another booking with another airline.

What I'm considering is this: it seems like I'm able to switch to 'Economy Flexible' for a fee of $150 plus the fee for the more expensive tickets. Is it possible for me to switch to 'Economy Flexible' first, pay the $150 charge for changing of flight, and then cancel the flight and ask for a refund? Or is there technicality/fine print involved that prevents me from doing so?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:25 am

Qatar schedule changes = no refund?

hi

i guess this is hardly a unique situation but i cannot find an answer on here so here is my problem -

i booked online in June tickets MOW - DOH - HKT return in business
they have now cancelled the DOH HKT flight (they call it a schedule change but its actually another flight) and my stopovers went from about 1 to 9 hours both ways in doha

they offered hotel but that is not the point i simply dont want to waste my time with such layovers
i no longer want the tickets as there are better options out there with better connections now

they are refusing to refund the tickets without eur 200 penalty as their condictions of carriage which i read are very vague on this

does anyone know how this usually pans out or what buttons to press to get a refund

cheers!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Started Using QR ffp for one world flights, with first non QR on CX.

Does anyone know time for points to post from a one world partner, will be on BA and AA over the coming weeks. Been one week so far since CX flights.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by yyzlhr

Does anyone know time for points to post from a one world partner, will be on BA and AA over the coming weeks.
Took over 3 weeks for my AA flights to appear in my PC account last November. The BA flights took over 9 months to appear & involved a LOT of effort on my part. However, going by others experiences I was unlucky.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yyzlhr
Does anyone know time for points to post from a one world partner, will be on BA and AA over the coming weeks. Been one week so far since CX flights.
About two to three weeks in my case for BA flights - my outward and return posted on the same day two weeks following my return (and were taken a week apart). Be aware that your qpoints will likely be dated as the day they post and not the day you took the flights - so don't go making any mileage runs on partner airlines if your renewal date is coming up very soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.