Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by .flyer
After my inbound flight from the sake fare (HND-DOH-AMS), I have another flight, AMS-FRA, on a separate LH ticket.

My LH fare is in Y while the sake fare is business. However, I will only have one checked bag and my Y fare includes one checked bag.

Will the check-in counter at HND be able to check through my luggage to FRA?

(My connection time in AMS is a mere 90 minutes. Of course, I have a plan B in case I miss that tight connection. However, being able to interline the bag would certainly increase the chance I make the LH flight...)
You can ask, but don't expect much. QR will check through to oneworld partners but as LH is not in oneworld you really should not expect this to happen.

Also be aware that if QR agents were to check through, that based on my experience of someone else trying to do that similar at Auckland they will check that your baggage will match the entitlement of the check through carrier, so although you have J entitlements with QR your bag would need to conform with the Y baggage requirements for your onward sector, if it doesn't conform they won't check through. IATA most significant carrier rules do not appear to apply.

Good luck!
1flyer likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:15 pm

Hello, everyone.

I have just availed myself of the PRG-DOH-PVG fare for next Easter (hat tip to Raffles for the heads up), and have never flown Qatar before.

It's an A320 Prague-Doha legs, and a 777-300ER on the Doha-Shanghai legs. I'm a single traveller on this trip, and will likely be HBO - does anyone have specific seat recommendations? I prefer a window seat with a decent view.

I only have a 55 minute connection on the outbound, and 3 hours on the way back, so I assume (on the latter) there isn't really any time to leave the airport to explore Doha. Having never been to Doha airport, what options are open to me for lounge/wandering about? I'm BA silver, and on a Qatar "R" fare.

Any other tips/suggestions (or pointers to existing threads) would be very welcome. Do I need a transit visa for Doha?

Thank you!
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:10 pm

squawk welcome to the QR forum. You will find the QR dashboard a useful tool.

There are four different versions of the A320. See the dashboard widget http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post28837361 for more details.
For advice and tips about the 777-300 look at the dashboard widget http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...seating-q.html.
With regard to transiting DOH look at the Wiki on the dashboard widget about-doh-airport and follow the blue links as appropriate. This Wiki has all the information you require
Since you are in transit and not passing immigration you do not need a visa.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:41 pm

Thank you for the welcome and very helpful pointers, remdk. Much appreciated!
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by remdk
Jeff_ You will get the Qmiles and Qpoints for ticket class T as shown in the Qcalculator on http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...tor_popup.page. You will need to fill in your origin, destination and PC level. It is only the ticket class that counts when calculating Qmiles and Qpoints. Thus QR could actually call Ticket class T First Flexi and you would still only earn the standard ticket class T Qmiles and Qpoints.
Remember also that ticket class T cannot be upgraded using Qmiles.
Thanks for the explanation between fare class and ticket class, I learn something today

To be 100% correct T class is indeed not upgradeable but if booked under Eco Saver fare class then it is.
​​​​​
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:16 am

Has anyone ever tried to credit a BA ticket that includes an EI leg (BA flight#) to QRPC?

I know that according to QR's published rules about crediting BA flights, it (probably) wouldn't qualify since EI is neither a "OW carrier" nor a "OW affiliate" (I don't even know what the difference is).

Regardless, I had several flights where code shares didn't credit to QRPC as described by QR that they would (mostly beneficial for me), so I would be happy to hear from anyone with experience.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: LH HON
Anyone else that is unable to login into manage my booking?

This trip cannot be found. It may have been cancelled. (4649)
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by ckx2
Anyone else that is unable to login into manage my booking?

This trip cannot be found. It may have been cancelled. (4649)
There has been a worldwide problem with the Amadeus reservation system today. I don't know how exposed QR are to that but your issue may be related?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Anyone having an idea how the Meridiana minority stake by QR is going to change things? Are we going to see an addition to OW? Wouldn't hurt OW after having lost AB...
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:39 pm

Lowly BA Sapphire here, booked 2 QR DUB-DOH-CPT and DUB-DOH-BKK for my non status GF (but she is Gold to me) and myself. Questions:

1. On the narrow 787's, I reserved preferred seats 12H and 12K, leaving 12J open on purpose in the (forlorn?) hope that we may have 3 seats together. Did anybody ever succeed with such an attempt considering that they are preferred seats?

2. We got 65min connecting time, MCT says 45min but even in J-class last year, it took a while to make the 20min gate deadline. Any hints on how to increase our chances of connecting well in DOH, apart from 12HK seats allowing us to de-board swiftly? I understand it can be done if the incoming flight isn't late, I was just hoping that there is something else we can do.

Thank you.
1flyer likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Originally Posted by Yemona
Lowly BA Sapphire here, booked 2 QR DUB-DOH-CPT and DUB-DOH-BKK for my non status GF (but she is Gold to me) and myself. Questions:

1. On the narrow 787's, I reserved preferred seats 12H and 12K, leaving 12J open on purpose in the (forlorn?) hope that we may have 3 seats together. Did anybody ever succeed with such an attempt considering that they are preferred seats?

2. We got 65min connecting time, MCT says 45min but even in J-class last year, it took a while to make the 20min gate deadline. Any hints on how to increase our chances of connecting well in DOH, apart from 12HK seats allowing us to de-board swiftly? I understand it can be done if the incoming flight isn't late, I was just hoping that there is something else we can do.

Thank you.
To 1.:
I have had luck with reserving window + aisle and leaving the middle seat empty - it doesn't always work though. Generally I would say chances are higher towards the back of the plane and during low demand periods.

To 2.:
Making yourself familiar with the strucuture of the airport definitely helps. I know there is a quite good map of the airport layout somewhere here on the forum; otherwise google always helps
If you are really worried about making your connection you can ask the flight crew about your arriving gate as well as the gate for the connecting flight. Maybe they can give you these information already so that you can save some time looking on the screens at the airport.

65mins is usually enough even if the incoming flight is late by a bit, so do not worry too much
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:35 pm

Yemona take a look at the QR dashboard widget http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...h-airport.html and its links, especially the 'short connections' link. You will find almost all the available information there in the Wikis.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:04 am

I have JNB - DOH - BOS ticket, in business class bought with american-airline award miles, with an 8 hour connection overnight in Doha. There was a smaller 2 hour connection possible (not available on award).

Would this longer 8 hour connection in business class aa-award qualify for an overnight hotel?

If not, does the business class lounge or elsewhere have sleeping areas to pass the 8 hours connection?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:55 am

nomiiiii to qualify for STPC ' free hotel, there must be no shorter connection under eight hours and it must be a revenue ticket. The conditions for free hotel accommodation can be seen on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...er-policy.html.

Since you are travelling in Business you may use the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. There are two sets of resting rooms in the lounge, one set immediately to the right of the main entrance and one set down a passage on the right about halfway through the buffet. They are on a first come first served basis and cannot be booked.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:26 am

I am flying ARN-DOH-DPS return in a couple of weeks on QR0170 and QR 0962.

this leaves us with a v long layover in Doha, ~11h, when we booked this flight this was the shortest layover but since then Qatar has rescheduled the flight to departing ARN 1.5hrs earlier, as this was a minor schedule change they were unwilling to accommodate us to a different airport which is fine but since we now arrive in Doha earlier (16:00) we have a shorter possible connection available at 17:35, original flight was scheduled to land in Doha at 17:30.

when I enquiries if they could accommodate us on this earlier flight it was denied as it was again only a "minor" schedule change. Is suspect this is correct but would be happy if it isn't.

however the thing I can't believe is correct is that now 3 different agents claim that we are not elidable for the free layover hotel as there is now a shorter possible connection even though this connection was not available at the time of booking. is this really correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.