Missed flight compensation

Subscribe
On my return BGW-DOH-LHR inbound flight arrived late by more than 2hrs and while I had more than enough connection in Doha which was 2hrs15min but unfortunately it was due to the late arrival of the inbound flight I miss the connection in Doha and were booked on a hotel in Doha and punt in the next available QR flight next morning.

As a result from this delay I missed a very important meeting next morning and missed the pick up arrangements in LHR.

So wonder if I have any case of compensation here? Thanks.
Hi Usud,

For the compensation request and consideration, please contact our customer relation department at [email protected]

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community.
Very professional response, great to see this!
Usud,

Keep us inform on what happens, I'm interested to see if QR offers anything and how long it will take them to respond.
Quote: Usud,

Keep us inform on what happens, I'm interested to see if QR offers anything and how long it will take them to respond.
Hi kmcbrid2,

During the EID Holiday, our staff in the customer relation department will be quite thin and hopefully they will respond to the enquiry as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community.
Your flight is not covered by EU 261/2004, so I doubt you have any legal basis for compensation.
Quote: Your flight is not covered by EU 261/2004, so I doubt you have any legal basis for compensation.
hmm... Why? The flight was bound into Europe? or is it due to the departure airport? My full itenerary was:

LHR-DOH
DOH-BGW
BGW-DOH-LHR
Flights FROM EU on non-community carriers are covered. Flights TO EU are not.
Missed flight compensation
Automatic reply from QR on 27th of Oct and thats all so far!
------------------
Thank you for your e-mail. Due to the Eid Al Adha in Qatar, Customer Care Department will be closed from 25 October 2012 to 30 October 2012.
We will be answering all your queries after this date.

Thank you for your patience

Customer Care Team
Quote:
Ref: 403*****2
Date: 10 January 2013.

Mr. O***** ***Y
Email; ******@hotmail.com

Dear Mr. A *****y,

Thank you for your feedback which you recently submitted via our website and which was relating to your recent experience with Qatar Airways.

We have gone through your email and we understand the inconvenience you and Mrs. N***** ****l went through because of the departure delay of your flight from Baghdad on QR441/07 October 2012 which arrived late from inbound sector due weather conditions which resulted the misconnection of your flight to London Heathrow. You will appreciate the fact that disruptions of this nature are unforeseen and totally beyond our control.

We are very concerned though with your report about the handling of this flight disruption. We take comments such as yours seriously as they are taken into account in our continuous desire to provide the best possible service. You can rest assured that the matter has been raised with the responsible departments for their information and whatever action that may be required in light of your report.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that may have been imposed on you as a result, and we hope that we will be given another opportunity of welcoming you on-board Qatar Airways in the nearest future.

Yours Sincerely,

Ahmed Radhi
Customer Care Department
Update on this matter, finally a reply from Qatar Airways, a very neat reply I must say and good to know that they are welcoming me on-board the in the nearest future! Been waiting for a reply since October

Privilege Club Card going in the Shredder!