Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

American Airlines and Qatar Airways announce new codeshare relationship

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:03 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond

American Airlines has signed an agreement with Doha, Qatar-based Qatar Airways, one of the world's fastest-growing airlines and a Skytrax 5-Star rated carrier, to codeshare on each other's flights providing new growth opportunities for American in the Middle East and for Qatar in the United States.

Following government approvals the new codeshare agreement will offer customers more seamless choices by allowing the two airlines to work together to improve flight schedules and connection times.

http://www.ameinfo.com/american-airl...deshare-325111
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:15 am

So a couple thoughts/questions for the FT experts

1. I know AA is oneworld but how will a possible US and AA merger affect AA's future OW memebership?

2. The article states AA can start earning miles on QR by Feb 26 and book codeshare flights. Should I assume AA miles can be used to book flights on QR starting on the same date and vice-versa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.